Great Service from Tom at TKI

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like to give a big thumbs up to Tom at TKI. We ordered three belt drive systems from him at the start of the season and they have been working great. We wanted to try a different gear ratio so he shipped us another gear and all he asked was to send back the gear we didn't end up using. Then yesterday another package shows up from him with more parts in it. When I phoned to see what it was about he said that they had a few of these pieces bend under serve condition so these were updates. Its pretty rare anymore a company will openly admit a weakness in their product let alone step to the plate and give you updated parts free of charge. I will happily continue to deal with Tom and would recommend him and his products to anyone.

P.S They are already working on a belt drive system for the Axys chassis with the 3" track to remove the chain drive!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like to give a big thumbs up to Tom at TKI. We ordered three belt drive systems from him at the start of the season and they have been working great. We wanted to try a different gear ratio so he shipped us another gear and all he asked was to send back the gear we didn't end up using. Then yesterday another package shows up from him with more parts in it. When I phoned to see what it was about he said that they had a few of these pieces bend under serve condition so these were updates. Its pretty rare anymore a company will openly admit a weakness in their product let alone step to the plate and give you updated parts free of charge. I will happily continue to deal with Tom and would recommend him and his products to anyone.

P.S They are already working on a belt drive system for the Axys chassis with the 3" track to remove the chain drive!

To add to your Thread, Tom has sent me a few of these updated tensioner adjuster arms for the Pro kits. If anyone that bought a kit from me still has the lighter one, I can give one to you.

Chris

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

AXYS chassis don't got a belt drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You been sleeping? It is the big news that the 3" track gets a chain case. You need the 2.6' track if you want belt drive.

I never read that part. I personally would get the 2.6 track so I didn't ready much into the 3". And I would only get a 155 to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To add to your Thread, Tom has sent me a few of these updated tensioner adjuster arms for the Pro kits. If anyone that bought a kit from me still has the lighter one, I can give one to you.

Chris

Chain case model Pro?

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealt with Tom today for the first time, top notch service. He went out of his way to make sure my parts would get to the shipping outlet in Montana by saturday.

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
We couldn't be happier with TKI belt drives. Great product and great customer/dealer support. If anyone is looking for current model proclimb kits we have them in stock

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had very similar experience in dealing with Tom. Very helpful guy and goes out of his way to help.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumb question.....why are you guys buying TKI kits for your Pro's when they come with belt drives from Polaris? More gearing options? Better reliability?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumb question.....why are you guys buying TKI kits for your Pro's when they come with belt drives from Polaris? More gearing options? Better reliability?

Yes, different gear ratios is the main reason. I still run stock on my sled (2.09) which would be near impossible to run on a Doo, but many people still prefer going to the lower gear ratio. An added benefit is the tensioner, which can be argued if it is needed or not. Then the added flexibility of swapping gear rations at anytime with a simple pulley change.

He has some cool toys in his shop if you are into metal fabrication! Lots of shiny sled parts too!

Last edited:

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gearing options with a tensioner was why I did it. And the belt is half the cost of a stock one. Went with a lower ratio on my turbo set up and it works great. Next to upgrading shocks and a-arms this would be my next upgrade to any Polaris that is spending most it's time in the trees!

Top Bottom