Graves creek - n.w montana!

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad outing for the middle of December. Friday to the pass and Sinclair (little early for Sinclair). Big bowl in pass was great. Sledhead put on a show.

Sunday to Wolverine. Great tree riding. Here are a couple of pictures from Friday. BFRT outing on Saturday with the whole crew. Fuzzy's new sled will be making its first run.

Well there's a crew I would stay away from 2 on the hill at once, looks like it could slide, Not to bright.
But some very nice pic's looks like some epec riding.

Ride Hard
Ride Safe

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top picture is the backside of Ksanka from Grizzly Bear pass. You access it from Bluebird. Good place to have a beer if the wind is not blowing.

Thanks buck. Found a single track to the right of wolverine cabin that looks packed down. Play area back there?

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Well there's a crew I would stay away from 2 on the hill at once, looks like it could slide, Not to bright.
But some very nice pic's looks like some epec riding.

Ride Hard
Ride Safe

NEWFIE1 The area is a fantastic to ride and you are welcome to join us some time! Thanks for bringing the (2) on a slope "Not To Bright" to our attention.
We will definately have a team meeting to discuss this at our next outing. I am AVY Ceritified and have ridden the area a long time! and Familiarity is one
of the things they teach us that catches Riders off Guard, and I am unfortunately very gulity of that. All of us sledders need to look after each other
and we thank you for your input and concern!
"New By Law for the Team" No more than 1 rider on a slope at a time

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NEWFIE1 The area is a fantastic to ride and you are welcome to join us some time! Thanks for bringing the (2) on a slope "Not To Bright" to our attention.
We will definately have a team meeting to discuss this at our next outing. I am AVY Ceritified and have ridden the area a long time! and Familiarity is one
of the things they teach us that catches Riders off Guard, and I am unfortunately very gulity of that. All of us sledders need to look after each other
and we thank you for your input and concern!
"New By Law for the Team" No more than 1 rider on a slope at a time

Well thanks for the invite, and cam response. most ppl would have got upset and defensive. I may take u up on that invite sometime, I love to ride, don't get to ride as much as I like, no snow here and long drive to mountains. This is one of those yrs were the snow is not as plentyful as normal out west. Hoping for a good mar apr & maybe may.
Booking a week in Radum Hot Springs for 3rd week of mar hoping for some good riding.

BuckHorn

Reaction score
If you look close at the picture, you will see Cane without a sled. The other boys were headed up to help him. We will work to make it clear as it was it topic of conversation that day. Especially on Clarence Bowl.

BPA boys in town for three days of riding. Wish the snow was better

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure looked like a good turn out at the poker run on the weekend. Anyone got a number on how many came out?

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Here's a vid I just finished putting together since I haven't done one in a while. https://vimeo.com/61348941

The mentioning of 2 on the hill etc is good timing. I just sent an email out to my ride group because as I was going through my footage I could see how often we don't adhere to good riding practices. Lots of times we do good things but lots of times we don't as its so easy on a sled to get into a situation really fast and usually in a group its very easy to get in the "giver" mindset and common sense goes out the window.

There is definetly at least one not so good practice you'll see in this vid,,,, but since it didn't involve trees I was on high ground just rolling the video. ok, ok, there's also,,,, anyway I pointed it out to my group as things we need to be aware of to not do in the future. Good call newfie1.

hope you enjoy

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That vid actually kept my attention the whole time. Thumbs up!

dallas259

Reaction score
Has anyone been into graves yet this year? Ill be in fernie for the weekend I want to get the sleds out and I'm wondering if its worth the extra hour to head south.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few guys were out last weekend on bikes, said it was early good snow about 4 feet up hi, still some stuff that can be hit, but rideable... One dump away from great conditions

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Great Opening day ride!! Dec 1 2013 Found some real nice snow... and snowed on us all day long!!
Saw quit a bit of Natural avalanche activity.. so be careful out there!

Yes the BoonesFarm Race Team did the Season opening toast on hallowed ground to appease the Snow Gods!!
:)

1.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg photo.jpg 5.jpg

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Looks like the season is setting us up for a little trouble this year!! This is a must watch video for all the BFRT , and friends who ride with us this year!! Definitely an eye opener for all of us! And for all sledders for that matter!!!

Last edited:

M5-

Reaction score
There is a layer of hoar frost at least an inch deep maybe more in the area so large heads up with the new snow on top, avy potential will be high for a while

M5

Top Bottom