Graves creek - n.w montana!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Time to get the info flying again. 25" on snotel and the first BFRT outing is Saturday (Dec 1st). Working on somemore BFRT stickers and I hope the group can show up more than last year.

Cooke City is a favorite of ours. I think it will be our seven or eighth year we will be heading there in March. Grand time. Hopefully we have deep snow this year. The pictures from last year show the area well.

See you all on the hill

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would not trout lake or revy be better and closer... how is the snow at ten akes

BuckHorn

Reaction score
would not trout lake or revy be better and closer... how is the snow at ten akes

We will see on Saturday. Some of the boys were up there last weekend and had some fun. Need more snow as usual. Will have pictures and stories on Monday.

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Went up on saturday, some decent road pow all the way. Stated out pretty late in the day so only worked our way up part way to bluebird. was decent for sure, could carve all over in the meadows but didnt get up top so not sure what is was like there. Trees need some more for sure........ as do the water bodies:)

You can't do anything around the lake areas though, would be beggin for trouble.

IMG-20121124-00085.jpg IMG-20121124-00080.jpg
IMG-20121124-00081.jpg

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that bluebird or wolverine? Looks like decent snow.

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Where did you unload at the Y just wondering about trailers etc.

thx M5

Sorry, haven't been on for a bit, but at that time yes was the Y. Needed some snow so hit revy last weekend (DEEEEEP) so unsure what its like at Graves now. What I'm hearing sounds like some good snow setting up now though.

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Sledhead, how are you? Good to see you around. We are headed up there tomorrow and Sunday. Should be some good stuff up there looking at snotel. The BRFT crowd is still a little scattered. Fuzzy Davel's new sled has a recall already, Ty does not have his sled yet (red rocket may be in play on Friday), BFG is heading out of town, Coleman is being Santa in a brown truck, Donna is putting cell towers together, Joe is out of the country. Cane and Wee are going Friday along with me now. No foundation dig until Monday!!

Give me a call if you are around and want to ride tomorrow, Sledhead.

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Not a bad outing for the middle of December. Friday to the pass and Sinclair (little early for Sinclair). Big bowl in pass was great. Sledhead put on a show.

Sunday to Wolverine. Great tree riding. Here are a couple of pictures from Friday. BFRT outing on Saturday with the whole crew. Fuzzy's new sled will be making its first run.

Attachments

• DSCF0464.jpg
    DSCF0464.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCF0466.jpg
    DSCF0466.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF0471.jpg
    DSCF0471.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCF0474.jpg
    DSCF0474.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 357

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Happy New Year from the BFRT to all. Had a good week of riding. One good one behind Weasel in the deep powder, one mobile bar to Wolverine cabin, marked the walls of the pass up and a group outing to Blue Bird. Calling for a ride tomorrow. Maybe it will keep us out of trouble tonight. No promises. Wild Willie is in, Coleman and a possible BFG turbo sighting. Cane? Cane? Cane?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's going one down there? Snotel is messed up it looks like. 65" yet?

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Had a couple of great days on the mountain. Sunshine and great snow. Sorry we have been off of the site. I pushed everyone to get back in here. Here are a couple pictures of the day.

Attachments

• Kevy Avy Check.jpg
    Kevy Avy Check.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Lower Clarence Bowl.jpg
    Lower Clarence Bowl.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Clarence bowl.jpg
    Clarence bowl.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Griz pass.jpg
    Griz pass.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 217

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Great Pictures Buck!!
My pictures did not turn out well at all!! But it sure was a Great Day for a ride!!

The Featherly boy is turning out to be a pretty Darn good rider!!

Donna needs to post her pictures here too!!!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding this weekend? If so how was it? Coming down for a week on Monday. And buckhorn where is that last pic if ya don't mind me asking. Haven't seen that one before.

BuckHorn

Reaction score
The top picture is the backside of Ksanka from Grizzly Bear pass. You access it from Bluebird. Good place to have a beer if the wind is not blowing.

Top Bottom