Graves creek - n.w montana!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
OK, I said that then went on a trip for 10 days. Sunshine and shorts are a good thing in January. The 236 holes of golf was good also. Big Club ride this weekend, so I will work to get some pictures of the masses. Finally got some new snow and that will help. Stay tuned. Working the other BFRT members also.

Some times life just seems to get in the way of living.

M5

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, I said that then went on a trip for 10 days. Sunshine and shorts are a good thing in January. The 236 holes of golf was good also. Big Club ride this weekend, so I will work to get some pictures of the masses. Finally got some new snow and that will help. Stay tuned. Working the other BFRT members also.

So.....how was it?

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
I agree.... maybe we need a BFRT Board of Director Dinner to discuss the subjects at hand... We also need to get Margarita man off the flipping couch... He is driving me crazy.......

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good storm coming threw in the next week, who's ready to ride threw mid week?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking hungry horse since it was good last weekend, and forecast looks good now

BuckHorn

Reaction score
The club ride went well. Lots of sleds but not many locals. Only had about 6" of new snow on top of a hard base. The gathering afterwards at Jerry's went very well. Everyone did a great job organizing it. Did not hear how the club did in the end but think we made a dollar or two to help.

Went up yesterday on a Kenny Peterson adventure. 75 years old and knows a lot of cool places. Here are a couple pics. Snowing now and suppose to get a big dump this week. Have a large group of BPA guys coming to stay at Crystal's Cabins and ride Friday through Monday. I really want to get stuck in deep snow. I miss that. BFRT is on alert. Good to have Cane and the BFG out!!

Attachments

• DSCF1769.jpg
    DSCF1769.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF1770.jpg
    DSCF1770.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 272

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I sure hope the boys and girls from BFRT have bin able to do some living with the nice dump ya got!!! Play safe out there in the alpine. Sad to say we lost another fellow rider up in Canada on saterday due to an Avy , I hate hearing it, just remember your Avy training touch up on it, if you don't have it get it, these deaths don't have to happen...

Hopefully Buckhorn and gang can post some pics of the new snow:) keep them coming!! That's if you weren't in the fishing derby...

BuckHorn

Reaction score
It has been real good here. Avy danger was high on the 17th with Timmer getting caught in one at Lower Wolverine. He is OK but his sled not so much. Here are a couple pics from last Saturday. Most everything has slid but we did not want to test that theory. 10 of us are headed to Cooke City for the rest of the week. Deep snow here but deeper there. Have fun. Stay safe.

Attachments

• Clarence Bowl.jpg
    Clarence Bowl.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 476
  • Nice sun.jpg
    Nice sun.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 470
  • Stahl Lookout.jpg
    Stahl Lookout.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 479
  • Fresh snow.jpg
    Fresh snow.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 467

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Even got the old man out. We did have a Coleman sighting on the mountain. No Dragon lady but next time!!

Attachments

• Coleman sighting.jpg
    Coleman sighting.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 477

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
Hi All!
This corner of the riding area posts has been unusually quiet!
Coming down Easter weekend an hope to get out to Graves Creek. Has anybody been out lately that an provide an update as to the staging area and trail conditions?

M5-

Reaction score
I was out last week and the trail was just starting to melt out above Birch. I would expect you will be driving up but not as far as the Y just yet. Coverage is the best in years IMO.

M5

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on the riding? Snow pack? What's being seen out there?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been real good here. Avy danger was high on the 17th with Timmer getting caught in one at Lower Wolverine. He is OK but his sled not so much. Here are a couple pics from last Saturday. Most everything has slid but we did not want to test that theory. 10 of us are headed to Cooke City for the rest of the week. Deep snow here but deeper there. Have fun. Stay safe.

Awesome Pics! Looks like a pretty cool place to ride:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride there lots, much more tenical than revy and has trees... And when snows deep it's heaven, all groomed trails and half the price of revy... Same distance from calgary

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride there lots, much more tenical than revy and has trees... And when snows deep it's heaven, all groomed trails and half the price of revy... Same distance from calgary
Yup...good technical terrain down there...It's like Griffin with a twist:D 3.5 hrs from my place just outside Okotoks including a border stop, Subway stop and quick coffee stop...way closer than Revy from my place. knowledge of the area (or a tour guide) is a bonus IMO. It's just like anywhere...the common areas can get pretty tracked out, but there's lots of honey holes if you know where to go.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, buddy's got cabins there and know locals as well, lots of good riding and close to home... Did I mention half the price..lol

Top Bottom