Got my new Camera.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After going through a camera every year and a half or so Ron pointed out that the camera he has(Pentax) is waterproof without any moving parts(retractable lens)Work real nice,takes great pictures.heck i was sold.Our infamous Dooboy pointed out that I should checkout the Olympus which was waterproof as well as shockproof,even better yet,Freezeproof,whatever that is I think that helped make my decision.For those looking for a good sport camera you may want to check this one out,what a great little camera.
Thanks for pointing that out Mr. Dooboy!
And I dont call just anyone Mr.
catmando!

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried to take some pics on our last trip to Mcbride however after a few pics our batteries kept dying! It was driving me Crazy! Not like it was freezing cold or anything -5C to 0C. We were using brand new Duracell Digital batteries but they just won't hold a charge. Let me know how your Olympus works out for you Catmando i'll be next in line to buy one!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks, Mr Catmandoo.... You'll Love The Camera..... Battery Lasts A Couple Days Full Tilt Before You Have To Recharge.... Still Best To Keep It In Your Jacket Somewhere(the Colder The Little Batteries Get, The Less Life They Will Last..... I'll Be Takin' Lots O' Pics Starting In 3 1/2 Hours.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
After going through a camera every year and a half or so Ron pointed out that the camera he has(Pentax) is waterproof without any moving parts(retractable lens)Work real nice,takes great pictures.heck i was sold.Our infamous Dooboy pointed out that I should checkout the Olympus which was waterproof as well as shockproof,even better yet,Freezeproof,whatever that is I think that helped make my decision.For those looking for a good sport camera you may want to check this one out,what a great little camera.
Thanks for pointing that out Mr. Dooboy!
And I dont call just anyone Mr.
catmando!

do you happen to have the model number of that camera Catdude?

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have ya got a pic of the new camera. Interested in getting a new camera for those outdoor adventures. I've got 1 of them first Kodac digital cam's and it love's the batteries, slow and doesn't take a very good pic. What's the price if you don't mind me asking?

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have ya got a pic of the new camera. Interested in getting a new camera for those outdoor adventures. I've got 1 of them first Kodac digital cam's and it love's the batteries, slow and doesn't take a very good pic. What's the price if you don't mind me asking?

Same here. Nice thing about it though is I don't really care if it gets broken or lost....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This camera is Olympus Stylus 790 SW and London drugs has them on for 229.00 in the Silver Model only,If you want Orange or Black its 279.00.Cant quit figure that one out,I wanted Orange but for 50.00 bucks thery can have it.They are regular 300.00 as well as the Pentax and dont ever seem to go on sale.The battery is rechargeable and the camera is shaped like a small cigarette pack which makes it easy to fit in your pocket.I just downloaded the program and will try to post a couple pics,It is a 7.1 megapixel!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well here is the first picture I took with the camera!
Will post more when I get them.
catmando!

Attachments

• P2140009.jpg
    P2140009.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 121

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm well so far it takes not too bad pic's of arctic kitties.....lol....How well will pictures of polaris's and yammies turn out? :rolleyes:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmmm well so far it takes not too bad pic's of arctic kitties.....lol....How well will pictures of polaris's and yammies turn out? :rolleyes:

Probably Blurrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! LOL!
catmando!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great camera catmando, I have the same one and it always works great!. Summitric is right put the camera in the inside of your jacket, the batteries will last longer.:D

Keng

Reaction score
i agree wiht everyone that it would come up blurry on those rocket polaris sleds.. you need a ultra fast slr to get those things.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you there sumx54. If you took a pic with a Doo beside a cat you would have some pretty good high quality pic's all around......

Top Bottom