Got my BC OFF ROAD PLATE !!! $48 well spent (NOT)

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure there is. Ignore it, like we've been doing since 1968. Snowmobile registration is nothing new in BC. If enforcement happens though (doubtfull) that'll be new.
Don't get me wrong I'm already registered with the stickers. Just lame that we have to go to a plate.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I'm already registered with the stickers. Just lame that we have to go to a plate.

Ya that part of the legislation won't stand up to the the first court challenge. If you were legally registered under the old system, no way they can make that retroactively illegal.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the cost of this magic???????

I have seen today where a quad was newly registered for the presumed to be cost of $48 and it was an actual cost of $102 (all said and done).

It would be advisable to let this unfold for awhile before you rush out and actually do the deed.......:d

Best advice I've heard yet! :beer:

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of why I asked. I've never been stopped and checked, quad or sled. Seems like such a cash grab to me. Also the plate under the seat will be no dice as it's not visible. Big brother will get his pound of flesh one way or another!:(

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the cost of this magic???????

I have seen today where a quad was newly registered for the presumed to be cost of $48 and it was an actual cost of $102 (all said and done).

It would be advisable to let this unfold for awhile before you rush out and actually do the deed.......:d
The cost of registration is nothing compared to the taxes they expect to collect on everything that wasn't paid previously.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cost of registration is nothing compared to the taxes they expect to collect on everything that wasn't paid previously.

Bingo!

if the government wanted to catch thieves they wouldmake it cheap to register the curently owned equipment and collect tax on all future purchases with officers dedicated to doing road checks.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said many times.... it's just a tax grab and NOTHING more. if it was about the sleds getting stolen then really punish the thieves but no they punish us!!! tax grab that it's people
Bingo!

if the government wanted to catch thieves they wouldmake it cheap to register the curently owned equipment and collect tax on all future purchases with officers dedicated to doing road checks.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cost was $48 .. and the option to buy liability from ICBC for another $48 ($200,000 liability) .. this is a few bucks cheaper than the $70 Capri liability

If you have a yellow decal you are good until June 2015. This is a new sled, taxes were already paid, and I wanted to register it to my name .. I didn't care for the plate but that's what I got . I was 2 days too late to go register it so now I'm stuck with the plate.

The plates don't actually need to be mounted until June 2015 either! Only reason I got one is because I wanted my sled in my name ...

If you got a new machine, your cost to register is only $38 more than last year .. not a big deal .. but If this were a used machine I would see not wanting to pay the taxees for sure...

That being said, I have seen people get tickets for not having registration in the past, in BC.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ticket is $68 if I remember correctly. Still worth making them work for it :)

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddies went to quartz days in april last year and a CO was there. he walked over to buddies and asked if the sleds were registered and insured. 1 guy said yes the other said no. CO said if you put that sled on the ground I'm going to write you a ticket.
so they left and went elsewhere.

word around golden is that next season expect enforcement at the main areas. but with only 2 CO's servicing the greater golden area, wot are the chances.
will cops be checking sleds too ???

I was reading a sled insurance policy last year and it basicly covered nothing I doo.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea to register the sled twice, they can look at the decal and the license plate. Which registration should we bring with us? How come the old registration only cost 10 dollars?

Top Bottom