Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Send GSR a message. I am sure he can point you in the right direction or maybe even offer his services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landogriffin

Reaction score
They just stopped us and tried to look in the windows of the trucks. Looked at our drivers licenses, and said sleds need to be registered next year, I'm not sure if they meant next year or next season anyways they got a "Nothing to see here" via rolling up the windows and that was it. Nothing about my tinted windows, sled overhang etc. Yea, we were up in one of those areas, didn't make it very far as we were breaking trail and with only two sleds that gets tiring really fast. Spent more time behind the shovel then the bars.

Last edited:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke trail into the Mines on the weekend. :)
They didn't have as much snow as Silent Pass.

We pushed throughout the willows down low and over a few slides that had come down already. Up the water fall without any issues(still some land mines poking their ugly heads through the snow). Over Hundred HP Hill without too much problem. Down into the next valley, big slide has dropped already from the left side.... played down in that valley for the afternoon, as couldn't drop down into the next meadow due to lack of snow and too much open creek !! Had a blast and can't wait to get back again.... Great bunch of Sask boys helping to punch through.

2 previous days before, we were out to Silent Pass... busted the remaining trail up onto the lakes( thx for the initial hard work on Friday by a 3-some). Def enough snow to have some great days of riding. DAMN cold but it was worth the trip out. Had pushed our way into km 33 with the trucks and decks, along with a cpl trailers, but it was only because of the cold trail rides. We could have parked back at 21 or so. Road was plowed to 17 due to logging in the Silver Mine area. Never saw any logging activity on the weekend but grader was cleaning the roads again Monday morning.

RN

Mattpelley

Reaction score
Hey guys, heading to Golden for the first time this weekend with my buddy, both experienced mountain riders but never in the Golden area, any tips to where we should or shouldn't be heading?

donj

Reaction score
We're heading out from Rocky tomorrow am to probably ride Quartz, i believe they just groomed it so for our first ride this year well go there..a little bit of everything there, usually a safer are than say Gorman, thinking we'll be unloading about 11..you can hook up with us older bed****ters! Riding a couple newer Pro's..pewter crew cab duramax Alta plates older Marathon beavertail deck..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're heading out from Rocky tomorrow am to probably ride Quartz, i believe they just groomed it so for our first ride this year well go there..a little bit of everything there, usually a safer are than say Gorman, thinking we'll be unloading about 11..you can hook up with us older bed****ters! Riding a couple newer Pro's..pewter crew cab duramax Alta plates older Marathon beavertail deck..
Drive farther don, it's so much better

How's it going??

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, heading to Golden for the first time this weekend with my buddy, both experienced mountain riders but never in the Golden area, any tips to where we should or shouldn't be heading?

Quartz is probably the easiest to get to and is pretty easy to have a good safe riding day even in early conditions. Silent is a great area as well, little longer drive to get unloaded and then a long ride in but well worth it once you are there. Those would be the 2 most widely used places, there are some other sweet spots like Hope but they are tougher to find and better to go the first time with someone experienced in the area.

Reaction score
Hiya, thought I'd check in and introduce myself. Live in Golden, just got an 08 doo with low km's this year. Mostly bought it for ski access, though interested in some days getting to know the sled without a ski objective in mind. Apparently it's easy to get hooked... Haven't been out on the sled yet, thought it was best for a newbie like me and without shark sense to wait for a fatter pack. Drove old sleds back in Ontario when I was growing up, know them well and drove the piss out of em but mountain sleds and riding are all new. Been ski touring a lot for a few years, know mountains and avys well. Anyways, looking for partners for just sleddin or sled skiing if you wanna show me the goods.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode at Silent pass yesterday. Pretty pounded out and need a whole pile of new snow. Terrible visibility so we couldn't get over to the backside

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Silent today. About noon the sun came out. Open areas and backside were all untouched :d. Were. I ran out of gas loading on the trailer so that's a sign of a decent day.

Could use another dump for sure but there is a good base now. Today there was 6"-12" of fresh depending on where you were.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is Quartz Creek? Im taking my avy field course this weekend and wondering if it is worth staying an extra day or not? any pics?

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in quartz yesterday. Mostly Tracked out in main areas. Made it to area 51 and found there was better snow. Had a blast, no carnage other then a blown belt on a poo. Anyone see heli skiers in there before? had a chopper land right beside us and unload.

kfrey

Reaction score
Hey Chump, it was a blast just getting to the meadows two weeks ago. Almost hate to ask but need to, where are 51 and 52?

An open question is "Anyone been to Gorman yet?"

Worried about the lake but there should be some snow!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any reports on how far up the rain made it? wanting to do hope or silent thusday

wildalberta

Reaction score
was in Gorman 2 weeks ago. broke trail upto the lake with another group of guys. lake is fine a little slush on the edges. needs way more snow though.

Top Bottom