Goggles.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well why didnt you post that before I bought a pair. I havent even wore them yet:(:(:d:d

lol i'm sure it's just my luck, i've read nothing but good reports until the other report like mine. maybe the glue was faulty during a certain time of production, who knows?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

confused?

Reaction score
get clear lens and scott voltage pro air... i do both night and day ridin so clear is the way to go for me

509 FILMS

Reaction score
i'm running 509 sinisters right now, i'm not sure what the deal is with them. i take good care of them, always stored in the bag, don't just rip them on, take the time to put them on right, etc. the foam is peeling off the frame. i've heard nothing but solid remarks on the 509's but i find the tint isn't good for anything except straight sunlight. i'm debating replacing the lens and trying to fix the foam, or just replacing the goggles. just wondering what people are running and what the like or dislike about them.

i'm thinkin if i do replace i'll go to the dragon rogues.
thanks.

We can definitely warranty that for you. Give us a call (1-877-743-3509) or send us an email (support@509films.com) and we'll get you taken care of. Also on the lens, if you are looking for a lighter lens, I highly recommend our plain yellow tint lens which works wonders on the low light days.

509 FILMS

Reaction score
I bought a pair of 509s as well as I heard nothing but good about them,first day I used them the foam started to fall off as well..

It sounds like the foam was not properly adhered from the factory. This is definitely covered by warranty. Give us a call (1-877-743-3509) or send us an email (support@509films.com) and we'll get a new pair out to you.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not having to much luck with my 509 goggles either man and it sucks cause they are wicked lookin I finally got my lenses to pop properly into place after an hour and a half of wiggling and pulling and twisiting to get the lenses to sit properly not to mention broke 2 pairs of polarized lenses trying to get them in properly as well. I would personally just go buy a pair of $50 smiths with a plain yellow lense mine finally shat the bed after 2 years of solid use and abuse and didnt have to worry about scratching the lense cause hey it's $50 bucks my vote is buy a couple pairs of cheaper goggles and then you dont have to worry about scratching them or losing them

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, they are wicked looking, I get lots of compliments on the style. The thing I like best about them is the way they fit the opening of my 509 helmet. On the coldest day I want to ride, my face stays warm because of the fit. I busted my 509 goggles on a roll over and they replaced them with no questions asked, they stand behind their stuff.

Trench:d

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can definitely warranty that for you. Give us a call (1-877-743-3509) or send us an email (support@509films.com) and we'll get you taken care of. Also on the lens, if you are looking for a lighter lens, I highly recommend our plain yellow tint lens which works wonders on the low light days.

thank you for that, i'll send an email sometime tonight, good to see all the supporting vendors standing by their product.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not having to much luck with my 509 goggles either man and it sucks cause they are wicked lookin I finally got my lenses to pop properly into place after an hour and a half of wiggling and pulling and twisiting to get the lenses to sit properly not to mention broke 2 pairs of polarized lenses trying to get them in properly as well. I would personally just go buy a pair of $50 smiths with a plain yellow lense mine finally shat the bed after 2 years of solid use and abuse and didnt have to worry about scratching the lense cause hey it's $50 bucks my vote is buy a couple pairs of cheaper goggles and then you dont have to worry about scratching them or losing them

i tend to lose gloves.... :rolleyes:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to the product reviews and the snowmobile related section they have a whole thread on which googles are best. good luck:beer:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the foam was not properly adhered from the factory. This is definitely covered by warranty. Give us a call (1-877-743-3509) or send us an email (support@509films.com) and we'll get a new pair out to you.

Sounds good Thank you.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm running 509 sinisters right now, i'm not sure what the deal is with them. i take good care of them, always stored in the bag, don't just rip them on, take the time to put them on right, etc. the foam is peeling off the frame. i've heard nothing but solid remarks on the 509's but i find the tint isn't good for anything except straight sunlight. i'm debating replacing the lens and trying to fix the foam, or just replacing the goggles. just wondering what people are running and what the like or dislike about them.

i'm thinkin if i do replace i'll go to the dragon rogues.
thanks.

I'd say you should be able to get warranty on them.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 509 sinister goggles and there awesome there very comfortable and the only time they have ever fogged up or fog up is when im stopped and thats mainly bacause of my helmet. ive learned to just hold my breathe lmao... but i find that the tinted yellow lense they come with isnt bad at all on cloudy days. on a sunny day even they arent bad cause of the tint. only complaint is that the nose clip is a pain in the a$$ so mine is taken off and that when they do fog, they are fogged good and are naste to clear up.
all in all ill be grabbing 509 aviators this year, they look badass and i trust there quality for yet another season.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself Personally I love Oakleys, Have two pairs of Crowbars that are phenomenal! Black Iridium & Hi Yellow Lenses fit a good range of condition you will encounter in the hills. Would Love to try a pair of 509's given the opportunity however.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant say enough GREAT things about 509. i do not work or know anyone there personally but i did have an issue with my Aviators....SELF INDUCED. i went head first into the trees..lol and my goggles took most of the brunt. had some scratches on the lense...right in my line of vision. i was choked. only had them 2 months and LOVED them. got them in the bronze for they didnt have any other colors at the time. it said in the pkg with the goggles....scratch proof. well i took a shot. emailed 509 some pics and politely asked if there was anything they can do? does Tom (owner) not contact me himself! gets all my shipping info and sends me 2...yes 2 new free lens!!!! asks me which wants i wanted! i got the orange and yellow lense. with in 2 weeks i my pkg arrived. not only did i get warranty coverage on the goggles, he thru in a extra pair of lenses, 509 stickers X2 and a deadly chrome 509 emblem decal.

THATS service...

i havent had an issue with my Aviators since and i cant speak enough about the yellow tint in low light..BEST GOGGLES i have ever wore. i have had them all...Spy/Scotts, etc. 509 takes the cake.

ch!t even if these goggles blew apart this year, after the service i received will make me a 509 promoter/customer for life.

not only that, their ch!t is badass looking. i cant tell ya how many of my buddies or guys meeting in the mtns ask about my Aviators. all of which i tell em about 509. lots of 509 goggles in my group now...lol.

keep up the GREAT job 509!

kick ass films to boot? whats not to like about this company????? they are fellow riders people!!!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the ProGrip Carbon Fibre's with the tinting lenses, and last winter I put in a Haber Eliminator. I'm very happy with this combination. :beer: :)

aalina

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteapes.com
Yeah,these goggles are made in Germany. A couple of cool features with these goggles are their Variotronic model which switches from light to dark with just a tap of a button no more waiting for the UV rays to change the color of the lens. They also sell a take off model - the same idea instantly goes from light to dark simply by taking off the magnetized top lens. They also feature a "regulator membrane" on all of their goggles instead of foam in the frame.

Top Bottom