Goggles.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm running 509 sinisters right now, i'm not sure what the deal is with them. i take good care of them, always stored in the bag, don't just rip them on, take the time to put them on right, etc. the foam is peeling off the frame. i've heard nothing but solid remarks on the 509's but i find the tint isn't good for anything except straight sunlight. i'm debating replacing the lens and trying to fix the foam, or just replacing the goggles. just wondering what people are running and what the like or dislike about them.

i'm thinkin if i do replace i'll go to the dragon rogues.
thanks.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a pair of the scott xi they seem to work good put the quick straps on and what a difference it makes for not fogging up. they say rose lenses work best in low light but it seems like nothing really works until you get some sun

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a pair of the scott xi they seem to work good put the quick straps on and what a difference it makes for not fogging up. they say rose lenses work best in low light but it seems like nothing really works until you get some sun

i got my dad some scotts for christmas, they have the rose lens, i tried them in the daylight and really liked them, they didn't fog up at all. i haven't seen any with quickstraps though, definitely have to look into them

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We currently sell three lines of goggles and each one has some really cool features to them:

Habervision - comes with 3 lens color choices clear, optical orange for bright light and low light days or vermillion for high contrast on low light days. We also sell the HaberVision eliminator. It is a little device that goes into your goggles keeping you fog free by sensing the rising humidity levels. Once the humidity gets to a certain point the fan kicks in creating air flow that keeps you fog free. These lenses come in both polarized and non-polarized. Haber optics are polarized to exactly 180 degrees.

Zeal - has a broad spectrum lens this lens takes you from your orange color base to your grey color base. These lens are also polarized to 180 degrees and come in photochromatic as well. I just recently tried out a set of the polarized photochromatic and they simply flat out rock! This is also the company that sells the Transcends the HUD GPS unit. Zeal is also the only company we found that produces a high end children’s goggle that are polarized.

Uvex - these goggles are made in Germany. A couple of cool features with these goggles are their Variotronic model which switches from light to dark with just a tap of a button no more waiting for the UV rays to change the color of the lens. They also sell a take off model - the same idea instantly goes from light to dark simply by taking off the magnetized top lens. They also feature a "regulator membrane" on all of their goggles instead of foam in the frame. The idea is that this membrane acts kinda like Gore-Tex or E-vent not allowing humidity/snow into the goggle but still allowing venting to happen to not build up humidity within the goggle.

The thing to keep in mind too is that 80% of the goggles on the market today are made by 2 companies. They may paint the frames different colors and put venting in different spots but if you really look at them they are made from the same mold. In our search for goggles we tried to represent companies that have a broad spectrum of truly unique features.

The best optics on the market currently comes from 2 countries Germany and Japan. Haber and Zeal optics are from Japan and Uvex as I mentioned earlier come from Germany. Everyone else is China.

Another thing we kept in mind when choosing companies to represent is customer service and quality product. We are not interested in selling junk. We sell you junk you tell your friends that tell their friends and so on and so on and there goes my business. We offer high quality products that we have used and researched tirelessly. We have used these companies’ customer service departments ourselves and know what they are like to deal with. Only those that provided us with excellent care and product were worthy of us bring to market for you.

We are also currently working with a company that has a built in camera/ camcorder!! We should have these in our hands this week and will take them out this weekend to try out.

This is probably wayyyyy more than you ever wanted to know about goggles...LOL!

Jan

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
Haber vision polarized with eliminators(battery powered with humidity sensors)
vermillion or orange lenses with blue gun flash outer tint. I have made 3 orders of goggles through the web site, they come in the mail and the product is first rate.
If you have sledded in flat light with polarized goggles that evacuate moisture out when needed even with your nose covered to prevent frost bite you will never go back.
Note: a bit of magic tape needed to keep the battery door from popping off and bouncing around inside your goggles.
one of the best accessories i have ever purchased for skiing and sledding.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey DTD

Please pm me your address and I will send you out another battery cover that may fit better.

We have been after Haber to make this battery door cover more user friendly...I guess we will just have to wait and see if it comes out modified in the future!

Jan

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We currently sell three lines of goggles and each one has some really cool features to them:

Habervision - comes with 3 lens color choices clear, optical orange for bright light and low light days or vermillion for high contrast on low light days. We also sell the HaberVision eliminator. It is a little device that goes into your goggles keeping you fog free by sensing the rising humidity levels. Once the humidity gets to a certain point the fan kicks in creating air flow that keeps you fog free. These lenses come in both polarized and non-polarized. Haber optics are polarized to exactly 180 degrees.

Zeal - has a broad spectrum lens this lens takes you from your orange color base to your grey color base. These lens are also polarized to 180 degrees and come in photochromatic as well. I just recently tried out a set of the polarized photochromatic and they simply flat out rock! This is also the company that sells the Transcends the HUD GPS unit. Zeal is also the only company we found that produces a high end children’s goggle that are polarized.

Uvex - these goggles are made in Germany. A couple of cool features with these goggles are their Variotronic model which switches from light to dark with just a tap of a button no more waiting for the UV rays to change the color of the lens. They also sell a take off model - the same idea instantly goes from light to dark simply by taking off the magnetized top lens. They also feature a "regulator membrane" on all of their goggles instead of foam in the frame. The idea is that this membrane acts kinda like Gore-Tex or E-vent not allowing humidity/snow into the goggle but still allowing venting to happen to not build up humidity within the goggle.

The thing to keep in mind too is that 80% of the goggles on the market today are made by 2 companies. They may paint the frames different colors and put venting in different spots but if you really look at them they are made from the same mold. In our search for goggles we tried to represent companies that have a broad spectrum of truly unique features.

The best optics on the market currently comes from 2 countries Germany and Japan. Haber and Zeal optics are from Japan and Uvex as I mentioned earlier come from Germany. Everyone else is China.

Another thing we kept in mind when choosing companies to represent is customer service and quality product. We are not interested in selling junk. We sell you junk you tell your friends that tell their friends and so on and so on and there goes my business. We offer high quality products that we have used and researched tirelessly. We have used these companies’ customer service departments ourselves and know what they are like to deal with. Only those that provided us with excellent care and product were worthy of us bring to market for you.

We are also currently working with a company that has a built in camera/ camcorder!! We should have these in our hands this week and will take them out this weekend to try out.

This is probably wayyyyy more than you ever wanted to know about goggles...LOL!

Jan

lol well i'm definitely not a child anymore.. :d my bad for not clarifying, the built in camera definitely sounds cool. i've been debating getting a helmet cam for quite some time now but i might just wait and see how these work.
i'm for sure gonna do some looking at these goggles. and you may just get a phone call from me.

thanks! :d

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hopefully we will get those goggles this week so that we can get some footage this weekend. We will definitely post up the clips and info when we get our hands on these babies!

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haber vision polarized with eliminators(battery powered with humidity sensors)
vermillion or orange lenses with blue gun flash outer tint. I have made 3 orders of goggles through the web site, they come in the mail and the product is first rate.
If you have sledded in flat light with polarized goggles that evacuate moisture out when needed even with your nose covered to prevent frost bite you will never go back.
Note: a bit of magic tape needed to keep the battery door from popping off and bouncing around inside your goggles.
one of the best accessories i have ever purchased for skiing and sledding.

is the eliminator bulky? and is the foam any different on your face and how it fits up on the helmet?

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
the magic tape on the door is no biggie, I have been struggling with fogged up goggles for sooo long.
my only regret is that I should have ordered all 6 pairs in one order and saved the freight
the web site makes finding clear lenses in a double lens a bit confusing, I have not tried out the single lenses yet as the vermillion lenses actually work pretty good at night and i haven't stopped to switch out goggles to try the clear singles lens that i got in the veterens day special.
it seems a bit strange that the cheaper goggles allow you to add quick straps without having to cut the threads on the strap. It would be nice if the high end goggles allowed you to switch back and forth for skiing or sledding, I just bought an extra pair of High Line or Primus for skiing.The fit of both of these goggles is far better most on the market so I have told my friends to buy the goggles with eliminators rather than adding the fan to existing gogles that they are using.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
The High Line and Primus have a curved lens thet fits either model, No air coming in around the foam, I think for the younger crowd a Camo or Black Ops theme would be a good compliment to a superior product.
I am so used to removing my goggles and letting them hang by the quick straps that i have to stop myself as they are just fine staying on even while digging out a stuck buddy.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How old are your 509 goggles? They are very good about returns on them. I have some with the brown polarized lense and the Habervision Eliminator. The lense is very good if there is some sun but not great on flat light days. Not to sure about the Eliminator so far. I have only used it a couple of times but still got some fogging, I need a better test on it.

Trench:beer:

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How old are your 509 goggles? They are very good about returns on them. I have some with the brown polarized lense and the Habervision Eliminator. The lense is very good if there is some sun but not great on flat light days. Not to sure about the Eliminator so far. I have only used it a couple of times but still got some fogging, I need a better test on it.

Trench:beer:

Just over a year, i have no complaints, except the foam, i don't know if maybe their catching when i pull them off or what. my goggles have the orange polarized lens, in sun, their great but as soon as the sun is behind a cloud or just not their, they suck plain and simple lol i'll have to look into this eliminator..

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm running 509 sinisters right now, i'm not sure what the deal is with them. i take good care of them, always stored in the bag, don't just rip them on, take the time to put them on right, etc. the foam is peeling off the frame. i've heard nothing but solid remarks on the 509's but i find the tint isn't good for anything except straight sunlight. i'm debating replacing the lens and trying to fix the foam, or just replacing the goggles. just wondering what people are running and what the like or dislike about them.

i'm thinkin if i do replace i'll go to the dragon rogues.
thanks.

I bought a pair of 509s as well as I heard nothing but good about them,first day I used them the foam started to fall off as well..

Top Bottom