Go Pro Helmet Cam...

sunshine

Reaction score
Can anyone out there that has a go pro helmet cam tell me how long the battery that comes with it lasts? Got one and want to try it out this weekend when we are there, but just not sure if I should get another battery. Also how does it compare to the moto com? We have one of those as well but our supplier at the shop told us that this one is way better. Any info would be great. Thanks.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what battery comes with it but the only battery that is worth using in it is the energizer lithium. it will stand up to the cold and last a lot longer. they will last longer then what the camera cam record. i usually change them after every ride.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top of the line rechargeables....take a few sets with you

you can get approx 40 min on each set depending on how cold it is...at room temp the Card is then the only limiting factor as the battery's last much longer

at -29C I only got about 15-20 min....yesterday at about -5C I got 40 min

the trick is to juggle the batteries and if you rewarm them you get a little more life....

I just didnt think it was cost effective to buy lithium batteries for every time I ride.....my 2 cents

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the go pro that uses AAA batteries.I have found lithium is the best and will last for 100 mins.I dont know it sounds like you mite have a hi def go pro?

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the go pro that uses AAA batteries.I have found lithium is the best and will last for 100 mins.I dont know it sounds like you mite have a hi def go pro?

no mine is just the 170 deg wide angle

same batteries....1000 mhr rechargeables.....I would be lucky to get 30-40 in really cold temps.....

maybe the store bought lithium's are better for cold....:confused:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode with one this past three days in Revy with regular batteries and they did not last long at all. The next day we put in lithium ion batteries and it worked great and took great video.

sunshine

Reaction score
Yes I do have the hi def one. It has a special battery that comes with the camera and you can't get one anywhere except from the supplier. Surprisingly though I got good time out of it. Took awesome footage, great investment. Easy to use, would recommend it to anyone. Had 5 great days at McBride.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do have the hi def one. It has a special battery that comes with the camera and you can't get one anywhere except from the supplier. Surprisingly though I got good time out of it. Took awesome footage, great investment. Easy to use, would recommend it to anyone. Had 5 great days at McBride.

Battery will last about 2.5 hours if it is on the whole time! I run out of memory card before the battery runs out. Tried it on a cold day -15 and lasted the same as on a warmer day!! Have fun!

sunshine

Reaction score
Good to know the time it lasts if left on the whole time, i wondered that, so thanks for the info. Cheers.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the HD go pro and same thing i put a 16gb card in it and ran the battery out after almost 4 hrs of video just recharge it every night and remember to empty your card got 7 hrs of video through three days of riding very well worth it.You can also get a extra battery at jb automotive in edmonton

Top Bottom