Getting your PAL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get both right away.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my RPAL this summer as soon as Covid restrictions lifted. Jim Fisher puts a course on as well as Dean with Pistol smith if you haven’t tried either of those?
Jims course was really good.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we should all just lay down our arms and give up?
No no no, what they don’t know won’t hurt them. I’m saying with a r pal they have the right to do daily checks and walk into your home to check as they please. You loose more rights and have a better chance of legal home invasion by the rcmp this way. Like you said separate and who’s the wiser.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no no, what they don’t know won’t hurt them. I’m saying with a r pal they have the right to do daily checks and walk into your home to check as they please. You loose more rights and have a better chance of legal home invasion by the rcmp this way. Like you said separate and who’s the wiser.
I agree

My wife and I both got our pal this spring, took course in Nov last year, took a while with covid and all

She wanted her r and still does, cause she wants a pistol

I hope I talked her out of it, just adds you to there restrictions list

Going to get a 12 g defender, can do bird and or slugs with it

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That video I posted explained a lot to me. I'll take both and probably stay with the non-restricted as it looks to be a real pain to get restricted. And as the guy says you go buy the gun and leave it there with your info. You must be active in a gun club and it is for competition only and have a valid up to date membership that is confirmed. Do not say that its to protect your household he says, your instantly red flagged.

Get both
Its not hard to buy a restricted, my last one a few month ago .22 GSG pistol,. bought 1pm, next morning I got phone call to go pick it up. Have a trigger lock, make sure you have a valid club membership, you don't have to be active, and tell them its for target shooting.

Not sure why everyone thinks its so difficult

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's not exactly correct. Collectors can be possibly checked but I've never heard of it being done. Even then they need to make an appointment.
https://cssa-cila.org/do-the-police-need-a-warrant-to-search-for-my-firearms/

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get both
Its not hard to buy a restricted, my last one a few month ago .22 GSG pistol,. bought 1pm, next morning I got phone call to go pick it up. Have a trigger lock, make sure you have a valid club membership, you don't have to be active, and tell them its for target shooting.

Exactly. A couple extra rules to follow but other than that it's not a big deal. Unfortunate that restricteds can only be used at the range. Mine would get alot more use if they could be used as NR can.

Either way, get the rpal and get some restricteds.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more people that have the restricted PAL the better.....it makes it more difficult for them to try and seize firearms if more people have them, and it makes the politicians less likely to alienate more voters....they have never done a blanket seizure of any firearm and probably never will.... the cops don't have the resources and don't want to put themselves in that danger. Having a PAL puts you in the system regardless of whether its restricted or not.....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you buy a restricted gun they know you have it. Not the case with a non restricted gun.

Unless you buy at bass pro/cabelas.....all purchases there are registered with the ATF just like they are in the states.....

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like your GSG? Was thinking of a 1911 22

Get both

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like your GSG? Was thinking of a 1911 22

Still getting used to it, I put a fake silencer on it to help a little more with balance,.. but I can't shoot for **** with it lol. Was going to try to get out this week with it for more practice. I mainly bought on the premise of quality budget plinker and it was rated highly, I like the trigger relief.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did my restricted last last April and just received my new card last week. Now it’s go time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some phoney baloney going on right now. I think the Turd has told the RCMP to slow down the mass flocking to guns right now

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent my papers in in august. Figured I should see it soon, but sounds like more waiting.

pommie_git

Reaction score
They don't seem to have even started processing August applications yet. Guys on CGN who submitted paperwork in early July are getting licenses however.

Top Bottom