Generators

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any you quadders/bikers that random camp that run gens for your trailers and such, whats a good bang fer your buck. I have an old Honda 3500 on her last legs, but was wonderin if like a coleman, or a knockoff , ( 1/2 the price of a Honda ) is worth the cash. Any input?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a Honda EU3000 and thats the best generator Ive ever had. Very reliable and well worth every penny. You get what you pay for. I use this for camping and at work all the time. And when I go camping and run it I don't get people clapping that I finally turned it off. My coleman I had before was so noisy.

RON

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll second that,I got a coleman and its cheap and works good........and LOUD!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
As a camper that doesn't use generators and has tented for the last 12 years. I would prefer to camp next to someone with a honda generator as it is a quiet purr, as compared to any one of the other brand names that scream like a lawn mower all night. :twocents:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Coleman gen back in dec. It is loud thats for sure, I built a box for it when it is in the box its very quite. Plywood and a little foam goes along way.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with a honda or yamaha generator. they are quiet and well built.
my neighbor has a kimpor generator and it is a pain to change or check the oil . you pay more for the name brands but they are also have better engineering to them. i have eu3000 honda and would not trade it for anything, well maybe a yamaha one

rmk800

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also have a Honda eu3000i,very quite,runs trailer air and easy on fuel. Can't beat Honda reliability and if you need service there are lots of dealers. A 3000 is minimum size for running a trailer with air, i series can charge batteries(comes with cables) when nothing is plugged in,one task at a time but it is handy.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gens

Ya... wouldnt settle fer one less than a 3000, seen a yammie @ RD Powersports, just never got a real good look. With my present Gennie, its older, but quiet fer sure. Was campin in Jasper last summer fer 2wks, never even had a second look when she is runnin! Would definatley spend the extra $$$ to have that. Is the Yammie quiet like Honda? Come with inverter also???

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also have a Honda eu3000i. We have an off brand from Midfield at work; way too loud.:eek: Go with a Honda or a Yammi.:)

Top Bottom