GAS SHORTAGE AND STATIONS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
TOP STORY ON THE NEWS TONITE IS ESSO STATIONS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL... SAYS DUE TO UNEXPECTED REFINERY SHUTDOWN/REPAIRS/MAINTENANCE...... SAYS STORED FUEL WAS ALREADY LOW, AND NOW MANY STATIONS ARE ACTUALLY RUNNING OUT OF FUEL. THEY EXPECT SHELL TO FOLLOW SUIT....... WE MIGHT BE IN A LITTLE TROUBLE IN MCBRIDE, AS THERE IS ONLY AN ESSO AND CHEVRON STATION NOW, AND CHEVRON IS A SUBSIDIARY OF IMPERIAL OIL(I BELIEVE). BBTOYS, IF YOU READ THIS, PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON THE FUEL SITUATION OUT THERE, SO WE CAN BRING GAS IF WE NEED, NEXT WEEKEND........

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I`m heading there this weekend, would hate to get there and not ride or not be able to get back. Barry may have a new household member,lol.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Chevron and Husky and no shortage is being talked about as of yet. If it does happen I will tell you for sure, as I will need you to bring me fuel as well so I don't have to push my machine to keep up to you.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a price hike coming...... more profit.... its not at $1.50 per liter yet....

TOP STORY ON THE NEWS TONITE IS ESSO STATIONS RUNNING OUT OF FUEL... SAYS DUE TO UNEXPECTED REFINERY SHUTDOWN/REPAIRS/MAINTENANCE...... SAYS STORED FUEL WAS ALREADY LOW, AND NOW MANY STATIONS ARE ACTUALLY RUNNING OUT OF FUEL. THEY EXPECT SHELL TO FOLLOW SUIT....... WE MIGHT BE IN A LITTLE TROUBLE IN MCBRIDE, AS THERE IS ONLY AN ESSO AND CHEVRON STATION NOW, AND CHEVRON IS A SUBSIDIARY OF IMPERIAL OIL(I BELIEVE). BBTOYS, IF YOU READ THIS, PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON THE FUEL SITUATION OUT THERE, SO WE CAN BRING GAS IF WE NEED, NEXT WEEKEND........

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We have a Chevron and Husky and no shortage is being talked about as of yet. If it does happen I will tell you for sure, as I will need you to bring me fuel as well so I don't have to push my machine to keep up to you.

THANKS BARRY, KEEP US INFORMED, AND WE'LL BRING LOTS OF GAS.... JUST HEARD OF A FEW STATIONS AROUND THE CITY HERE ARE EVEN RUNNING LOW....... PRICE HIKES ARE A COMIN", I'M AFRAID - SUPPLY AND DEMAND WILL BE THE CAUSE..... THE EXPERTS WERE QUOTED ON THE NEWS SAYING UP TO $1.40/L OF REGULAR GASOLINE!!!!!!!!!! OUCH

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am presently working at one of the plants that are down. Don't panic just yet as there are plans to do joint efforts to get plants back on line, but yes there are three plants down at this time. Expected upcoming price........$1.50 if corrective action fails. There is still about two months before this would happen. Have you ever heard of sensationalized news to get your attention...that is what this is presently.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
they have been threatening $1.50 a liter for several years now, I'll believe it when I see it. Then I'll sell the explorer and buy a geo.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember when a dollar a liter seems out of the question - don't bet against $1.50 a liter this summer. Makes me glad I drive a HEMI and an Armada - both gas guzzlers!!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have been threatening $1.50 a liter for several years now, I'll believe it when I see it. Then I'll sell the explorer and buy a geo.

Always a good idea and a better time to sell a ford.......silly

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my diesel supplier and he's saying that april and may that we are going to short on fuel supplies, great at the mercy of the oil barons again!!!:eek::eek:

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess you're buying geo.... news tonight was gas is expected to be at least 1.30.......

CatRider

Reaction score

Ric,

Where is the Esso in McBride? Let me know because I could get Aeroplan points from them. I think the Esso is in in your imagination. Perhaps after a long day on the hill and too many in the McBride Pub you see and Esso on the way to NCL. I know there is a Chevron (not related to Esso) and a Husky. But I heard that Ethanol fuel is bad for the sled. Plus the ethanol also contains all the hydrocarbon waste products that result from the production of ethanol.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ric,

Where is the Esso in McBride? Let me know because I could get Aeroplan points from them. I think the Esso is in in your imagination. Perhaps after a long day on the hill and too many in the McBride Pub you see and Esso on the way to NCL. I know there is a Chevron (not related to Esso) and a Husky. But I heard that Ethanol fuel is bad for the sled. Plus the ethanol also contains all the hydrocarbon waste products that result from the production of ethanol.

YOU'RE RIGHT... I WAS THINKING OF THE HUSKY. WE USUALLY FILL THE SLEDS AT CHEVRON. IN MY CASE, IT LOOKS KINDA FUNNY WHEN THE BIG RED DODGE PULLS UP TO THE PUMPS IN MCBRIDE, AND THE TRUCK HAS PETRO- CANADA AND CERTIGARD DECALS/LABELS ALL OVER IT.... BEING FROM ALBERTA(NO CHEVRONS OUT HERE), I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT ESSO WAS THE MAJOR SHAREHOLDER IN CHEVRON?? AM I WRONG???

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1.40-$1.50 it all sucks!!!!!!So my truck costs $125.00 to fill and that lasts for day and half, that's at the normal gas prices. Why don;t we all bend over now!!!!!!
The other side,,,, it doesn't matter what gas costs when your driving a FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Best there is.
Really, give us a break and charge everyone else the loss??

It still sucks but don't let that get in your way of having fun.

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
I REALLY CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR AT THIS TIME WHEN WE ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY KILAWATTS OUR MACHINES HAVE INSTED OF HORSEPOWER... AND HEY THINK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE NO MORE JETTING

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YOU'RE RIGHT... I WAS THINKING OF THE HUSKY. WE USUALLY FILL THE SLEDS AT CHEVRON. IN MY CASE, IT LOOKS KINDA FUNNY WHEN THE BIG RED DODGE PULLS UP TO THE PUMPS IN MCBRIDE, AND THE TRUCK HAS PETRO- CANADA AND CERTIGARD DECALS/LABELS ALL OVER IT.... BEING FROM ALBERTA(NO CHEVRONS OUT HERE), I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT ESSO WAS THE MAJOR SHAREHOLDER IN CHEVRON?? AM I WRONG???

Chevron is wayy bigger than Esso, there not related to each other. Exxon Mobil however owns Esso...

Top Bottom