Garmin rino 755t vs lower models is it worth the price?

Annacassandra

Reaction score
Looking at getting a couple garmin rino radios and wondering if the touch screen and the topo maps on the 755t are worth the extra $$?
Currently have inreach minis and regular two way radios but like the ability to see where your riding partners are and would like to be able to navigate using the maps.

SCOTTC

Reaction score
Looking at getting a couple garmin rino radios and wondering if the touch screen and the topo maps on the 755t are worth the extra $$?
Currently have inreach minis and regular two way radios but like the ability to see where your riding partners are and would like to be able to navigate using the maps.
I have 2 655t‘s for sale. They are 5watts. Pm for details.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been using the garmin radios for the last 10yrs, 600series is good, 700series is way better, sorry, screen is easy to see, easy to use, no problems in the cold, i dont do the 755t as i load my own birds eye maps , work so good to comunicate, definetly get the 5watt radio

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my take, FWIW. I do like the Garmin Rinos. Problem is my eyes are getting worse as I get older and all of them have screens that are just too small for me without pulling out my glasses. (for navigation) I now use Maps 3D app on my phone for navigation (bigger screen) and only use the Garmin for a second emergency radio and the tracking arrow to find my stuck buddies. That said the cheapest models that have this feature still work well, just to get a large compass arrow on the screen that I can see well enough. I am not so keen on the shorter battery life of my 750 compared to my older model.

All these devices are quickly becoming less relevent as newer tech hits the market.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group has these and they really like them. I am a hold out because of the price. Being the old guy in the bunch they take good care of me by not letting me venture to far before I get rounded up again. lol

Annacassandra

Reaction score
This is the new GPS with buddy tracking unit I'm running this year. I believe Trail-tech has been purchased by Polaris, and this unit is apparently supposed to be able to communicate with the new RZRs and I think some of the new Polaris sleds have the tracking system built in?

Amazon product ASIN B07HHCTNSQ
let me know how you like it- we decided to hold off on the rinos for now, I have the PIDD gauge on my sled but it doesn't team up with others and it's kind of a PITA to navigate though the GPS accuracy on it is really good I just wish it were more user friendly. The upgraded gauge on the Matryx is supposed to team up with others in your group but that only works with other Polaris' it would be nice to have something that's more universal and you can transfer over when you buy a new sled. I'm not into paying $2g extra for the PIDD gauge every few years.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5BA6C3CD-90C5-461D-BE19-EC1C92FE7620.jpeg
D1D4C74E-B9FD-462E-B795-10FB3603C2CA.jpeg

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the new GPS with buddy tracking unit I'm running this year. I believe Trail-tech has been purchased by Polaris, and this unit is apparently supposed to be able to communicate with the new RZRs and I think some of the new Polaris sleds have the tracking system built in?

Amazon product ASIN B07HHCTNSQ
Buddy tracking seem like a winner is that the only unit that has it?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy tracking seem like a winner is that the only unit that has it?
Is far as i know right now. I believe Polaris has bought the company and this system will come stock in the SxS and new sleds. I think Doo has it on the trail sleds, and hope they make theirs compatible.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As suspected, I rode with a new Polaris and they were able to connect for the buddie feature. Worked well. Decent price below from ebay.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just getting ready to sell my Rino 650 with Topo Canada, Backcountry Map books and a RAM Cradle if anyone is looking - $400

Last edited:
Top Bottom