Garman elite helmet cam or go pro???

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchased a garman helmet cam yesterday over the go pro, I liked the idea about elevation, your speed and gps coordinates...

has any one compared the two on sleds and what one stands out... I can always return it if It does not work out soon

thanks

DPike

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Garmin so interested in your thoughts! thanks

calltrex

Reaction score
You can't beat the new gopro 3+ black edition

Best vid quality period. Best investment i did

Had the contour gps with elevation etc cool at first but in the end who cares. And it uses way more battery power to do that stuff

You should have a seperate gps on you anyways

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds similar to the Contour 2 perks with GPS location, elevation, speed. I use the contour 2 myself and found the GPS info come in useful after the fact when creating a "data base" of info. Either for return trips or for friends. Can be a bit of a pain learning software and how to use. Regardless, Contour is now belly up so that sucks. If you can get the footage you want, frame rate and definition I'd like to hear about as well. We recently purchased a Drift Ghost S....WOW user friendly both in the field and at the computer. So my contour is on the way out. Once I get more info on the Garmin I can decide a second Drift or go Garmin.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't beat the new gopro 3+ black edition

Best vid quality period. Best investment i did

Had the contour gps with elevation etc cool at first but in the end who cares. And it uses way more battery power to do that stuff

You should have a seperate gps on you anyways

I wouldn't say best. Have you watched the hour long you tube video of camera comparisons? The AS-15 is by far the best choice. Much better video and sound quality also has the Carl ziess 170 degree lens.

calltrex

Reaction score
The other problem with any other camera is lack of accessories and mounts which is a big negative.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem I have with the go pro is no matter what the point of view. I bought the liquid image goggles.
no more getting dizzy watching go pro vids.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say best. Have you watched the hour long you tube video of camera comparisons? The AS-15 is by far the best choice. Much better video and sound quality also has the Carl ziess 170 degree lens.

do you have a link handy for that review....I need another action cam

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting looking camera. I didn't even know Garmin was making one. I have a Drift personally and it's great, but wouldn't hesitate to take a look at the Garmin if I didn't already have it. Never been crazy about the GoPro just because of the way it mounts, but I will be buying one as soon as I get one of these. They only support the Hero 3 bus with the Zenmuse stabilized gimbal I want on it.

phantom2_release.jpg

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that flys these things. He has been doing promo vids for a few companies in his spare time. Crazy cool but pricey toys

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, everything I want seems to be pricey!
it ain't too bad, this one with a built in 720p HD cam and go pro compatible is only 549 and free shipping. there's a bunch of packages on this site, one complete with go pro black is over 2400.....but the heli can fly and land itself.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet! I'm so getting one of those Phantom helis

Here's the most complete package and best price I've found so far. Same place. I've seen video from both this and the FC40 and there is no comparison. You can do it cheaper, but I want the video to be stabilized and good quality. Can't do that without a gimbal. And the FPV screen tied to the video output from the Hero will let you know exactly where the camera is pointed in real time. No guessing. This thing is SWEEEEEEET!

Sorry Fred. Kinda highjacked your thread!

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the most complete package and best price I've found so far. You can do it cheaper, but I want the video to be stabilized and good quality. Can't do that without a gimbal. And the FPV screen tied to the video output from the Hero will let you know exactly where the camera is pointed in real time. No guessing. This thing is SWEEEEEEET!
wow....1000 meter range. you'd need the screen for that lol

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the most complete package and best price I've found so far. Same place. I've seen video from both this and the FC40 and there is no comparison. You can do it cheaper, but I want the video to be stabilized and good quality. Can't do that without a gimbal. And the FPV screen tied to the video output from the Hero will let you know exactly where the camera is pointed in real time. No guessing. This thing is SWEEEEEEET!

Sorry Fred. Kinda highjacked your thread!

that video is awsome

Top Bottom