Garbage on the trail

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike great job you guys did cleaning all that stuff up, thank you for taking your time ,money, & energy to do that. You should have given me a call, i would have slipped away to give a helping hand.
Cheers.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Mike great job you guys did cleaning all that stuff up, thank you for taking your time ,money, & energy to do that. You should have given me a call, i would have slipped away to give a helping hand.
Cheers.

Thanks...i thought about calling you,,but thought you might be trying to kill supper..haha..Quadtrash and Arff also were part of it as well ..
Look forward to the next ride .

sled

Reaction score
Would like to say the the people that cleaned that mess. Thank you
It is great to know that their is great people around .

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just re-read this thread from, begining to end.

Thank You to all :beer: :beer: :D

Thanks Again; Ray, Mike, and Tyler.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright folks, I have written a letter to the editor, and sent it off to several newspapers tonight. Tomorrow I'll send it out to some more and to the SRD folks.

Here is a link to the letter in PDF form.

Tyler

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright folks, I have written a letter to the editor, and sent it off to several newspapers tonight. Tomorrow I'll send it out to some more and to the SRD folks.

Here is a link to the letter in PDF form.

Tyler

Stop and read though it again and edit some of the errors before sending it off to print. Have some else edit it for you. Other than that great letter

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Got first response from Editor of newspaper to my write up about the mess at Southfork.....

Hey Tyler, this is the editor of Rocky Mountain House Mountaineer.

I know the area South Fork very well. It’s a favorite for random campers, and a lot of trouble goes on out there on the weekend (vandalism, assault etc.). Many of the residents who live in that area are afraid to leave their homes on the weekend.

I will run your letter this week.

Your friends’ help in cleaning up is appreciated by the residents of this area.

Take care.

Little did I know how bad it actually was down there......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just spoke with the Edmonton Journal...... They are running this as well with Photo's on Sunday!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny..we were there a few months ago and there was a group of twentysomthings there partying and having a big ol bonfire..in the morning they were all gone and you could not tell anyone was there..they even raked out the fire pit..across the road were adults drinking and quadding and when they left it looked like a dump exploded...its hard to pinpoint what age group makes a bigger mess,,too bad they could not have fingerprinted the cans or gotten any kind of evidence they could run...they have shut down chump lake area for that same reason..too much of a mess and too dangerous ..the rowdy messy ones will alwys find another place to mess but us campers will end up paying the price..there has to be more severe concquences!if yer quadding by a group and see a mess while they are still there..take a picture and a pic of a licence plate so if stuff ever like this happens again (and it will) the good people will have some ammo and get these arsholes busted!i know i will. good job on the letter teeg!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...just found this thread. Good on-ya boyz for taking the time to do the right thing. (I wish I'd have seen this last weekend as it's only an hour drive for me) My gang is headed to SF today to camp/quad....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny..we were there a few months ago and there was a group of twentysomthings there partying and having a big ol bonfire..in the morning they were all gone and you could not tell anyone was there..they even raked out the fire pit..across the road were adults drinking and quadding and when they left it looked like a dump exploded...its hard to pinpoint what age group makes a bigger mess,,too bad they could not have fingerprinted the cans or gotten any kind of evidence they could run...they have shut down chump lake area for that same reason..too much of a mess and too dangerous ..the rowdy messy ones will alwys find another place to mess but us campers will end up paying the price..there has to be more severe concquences!if yer quadding by a group and see a mess while they are still there..take a picture and a pic of a licence plate so if stuff ever like this happens again (and it will) the good people will have some ammo and get these arsholes busted!i know i will. good job on the letter teeg!

As a younger dude I know what you mean. People can pass our sites during a party weekend and assume that the place will be trashed. I imagine they're impressed when they drive by and the place is spotless. I even have the garage full of beer cans to prove it. :d

Di#$heads can be any age...

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe a bear, or wait, a gang of escaped psyco killers pulled the douchebags into the bush, and tore them from limb to limb. That's why they couldn't clean up their sh!t...they're missing their arms...and nuts.

Reading that made laugh, right in the middle of having a mouthful of tomato soup. Now I have to find some papertowel and some paint for the wall....:rolling:

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought today's edmonton journal... story is on page A15 (no pictures :(). thanks again to ray for bringing it to our attention, doug and mike for cleaning the mess, and TylerG for writing the story :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom