Garage mat - recommendations?

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess auto sells them also. Made by michels industries in st Gregor Saskatchewan . They build grain trailer covers also. They do excellent work. We have them in our garage and love them. The wife has studded tires and no holes in the pad. Have the same pad for 3 years.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trick to making these last is come up with thin strips of runner material that will absorb the impact of the rocks where the tires roll on the mat. I used 36" pipeline rock guard and cut the roll in half to give me 2 18" wide strips to lay on the mat.
To clean the mat when it's all spooged up drag the door side edge out the door and either squeege off flip the front of the mat and drag it out over the door side. Foam 30" squeege works best can clean it up like new. If you are heated inside watch for humidity issues. May have to get a dehumidifier.

Tuff-N-Nuff Rock Shield by Greenstreak protects pipelines

this is the stuff I use... available in any oilfield supply store or a pipeliner friend near you...

Last edited:

rlook

Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. I agree they are pricey, but to me worth it to keep my garage clean and keep the floor in good shape. I did try building my own last winter with 2x4s, poly and plywood strips for the tires to drive on, but it wasn't durable and really just a big mess.
I will have to take a look at the princess auto mats. Made in Canada makes me think they are more durable than others made elsewhere.
Where do you buy this pipeline rock guard and what is it worth?
Thanks

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a look at the PA site and the mats are out of stock. They looked pretty good. You'd have to make sure your dollies stay on your skis or you carbides may shred them!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have this one in the wifes garage....it's on it's 3rd season. It's just a thick tarp with foam edges sewn in, but works well. Home Hardware - 7' x 18' Floor Garage Car Mat

In my garage I just do the 2x4 thing with a tarp tacked to it. New tarp every year...don't weld near it...works fine. I don't park in mine, just let the quad (with snow blade) and tractor drip on it after plowing. For both "systems" I suck up the water with a shop vac....waaaay easier than dragging the mat outside at -25.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the same one as dave works great to get rid of the water i just pulled it to the edge of the garage and pulled it over itself and out to the alley
just a heads up they can get a little slick when wet and cold

Top Bottom