Garage Heater What To Buy

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a heater for my garage, I have about 800 Square Feet to heat. Now I was thinking of going with a infrared heater from Calcana, or a Lennox, I was wondering if anyone has comments on either.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a reznor forced air from edmonton refridge supply works awesome i know of 4 other people that have them no complaints

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forced air is cheaper and smaller (less room lost, easier intsall)

Radiant is quieter, works better and is more efficient.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on where you park and the ceiling height and heater location, the radiant has a tendency to make vehicle hoods VERY hot. You'll also need a small fan to circulate the air or the floor area opposite the heater stays cool/cold.

My neighbor has a radiant and it's either too hot or too cool.

GPsnownut

Reaction score
I have a overhead forced air called Maxx by Mr Heater, picked it up at princess auto, works great. Can be vented horizontal or vertical.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
i also have the Mr. Heater from princess auto:)
had it for 2 years. warms my garage up really quick. and isnt that expensive to run.
and it was cheap:)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better check with your insurance most if not all state you cannot have stoves or wood heat. Gases or electric only

I have heard that too :rolleyes:
The only way around it through insurance, is LOT's of fire rating. And unless your in the industry it's not worth the average owner to set up wood or pellet stoves.
I will put an air tight wood burner in mine, but I have pretty much free access to everything I need. So I will be covered by my Insurance.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have anything bad to say about the infrared heaters, I have 12' from the floor to the ceiling. I was thinking that the infrared would be quieter as I have a bedroom above the garage.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have anything bad to say about the infrared heaters, I have 12' from the floor to the ceiling. I was thinking that the infrared would be quieter as I have a bedroom above the garage.

one of my buddies has a radiant heater(infrared) in his garage and it is about 5' away from his show car. Has never had any issues in 5 years now. He has his hung against the side wall in a 26X26 garage and has no issues with the garage being to hot or to cold at all, it stays comfortable all year round. A 12' ceiling would be the ideal height for radiant, I was told by Leduc plumbing and heating that they recommend a min. of 8' high ceiling before they will install radiant heaters.

SnowCloud

Reaction score
I have a radiant heater in my garage and love it. I was told by my insurance company that the radiant heater was approved for wood working (bad dust ).

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Hot Dawg forced air in my two place garage. they come in different sizes for different size garages. No complaints, easy install and I've had it in now for four years.

Top Bottom