Fun day on the Phazer II

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got up Sunday am and looked at about 5" of fresh snow since Friday. I sold my 07 Phazer last weekend - but daughter's 1994 Phazer II is still in the shed. Had worked pretty hard all day - so I thought I'd take her sled out on the lake for one last boot of the season.

I forgot how much fun these things were. I ended up spending 2 hours climbing anything that was still holding snow, going thru the trees (there is still a lot of snow in there!) and just grinning from ear to ear. Best thing was - when I stuck it - just lift up on the rear bumper and turn it around. Try that with the 07 Phazer and I can guarantee you a hernia! Just one of the most fun rides I have had in a while.

So that is my project for this summer - a Phazer II play sled. Throw on a 1.25 ripsaw track, freshen up the suspension, new skis, some big risers and a new stand-up seat. And something I can work on myself - not like some of the new iron. If only it came with reverse to get it out of the equipment shed.....:D

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can relate Barefooter! I shed a tear when I said goodbye to my '92 Phazer II earlier in the season. The good times I had on that machine also brought me to the '07 Phazer.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for the sale of the 2007 Phazer? The machine is great for what it is, but unfortunately I don't think it's what I want to hold on to. I know I'm gonna bite the bullet if I sell it cause of the price of the dollar and the new Nytro's out now, but I'm still curious what kind of range I should expect.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got $6,250 - about what I paid for it used. They are a fun sled - but should be about 75lbs lighter. That would really up the fun factor. I was finding that because it was so easy to throw around and boondock, I was sticking it and dumping more than I would say my Summit. I don't know what it is - but those things feel way mote than 500lbs when you are trying to pick it off the ground. Somehow - a Nytro feels lighter in the same situation, but weighs more. Just must be how it is balanced.

Summit XP 146 600 Etec. That looks now to be the ultimate playsled. I need to somehow buy one next year with the 800 - without the wife finding out.

<Maybe I'll tell her that I am buying a turbo Nytro - then get two sled for the price of one. Or does anyone want to buy an absolutely dialed-in XRS??

Top Bottom