Fuel float problem

bcm27

Reaction score
I have a 2007 m8 and the fuel float always sticks and I have no idea how much fuel I actually have any suggestions?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 m8 and the fuel float always sticks and I have no idea how much fuel I actually have any suggestions?

Open cap, look inside best method, if you've rode your sled long enough, you'll know when to top her up :) My 2008 M8 float is sitting at bottom of tank as well lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah just stick your head in through the giant gas cap and look! Lol. I have yet to own a sled that has a fuel gauge that works properly

LB_

Reaction score
Mine is sitting at the bottom too. I've run a search to see if anyone smarter than me has figured out a way to make theirs float. No luck so far. I might be forced to buy a new one or just use the 'stick-your-head-in-the-cap' method.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably not any easy way to seal it, especially if it is leaking on the seam or on the inside spinner rod, otherwise the whole gauge (gauge, float, cage and seal) are available for $49.98. Here is the part #.
Part #1670-824Gauge, Fuel w/Seal (inc. 3)

LB_

Reaction score
Thanks. I was also thinking if I could stick something to it that might make it more bouyant. If not, buying a new one might be my only option.

Top Bottom