G5 fuel gauge?

94YJ

Reaction score
So I’m on day 2 with my lynx and I down to about 70% break in and I still have dropped one bar of fuel on the gauge so far I’ve had amazing fuel millage but it think it’s toast. So do these things a mechanical float are they all electronic?

saurus

Reaction score
So I’m on day 2 with my lynx and I down to about 70% break in and I still have dropped one bar of fuel on the gauge so far I’ve had amazing fuel millage but it think it’s toast. So do these things a mechanical float are they all electronic?

I noticed exact same on my g5. Many rides now and fuel gauge has yet to move down from 100% full. Only after being on the turbo for a few hours did it drop a bar or two. I am keeping an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gauge works fine you just need to be on the turbo more. She chews on fuel when you ring the sleds neck

I was going to say the same. I put 60miles In frisby and burnt about 23L of gas. Gauge seems accurate.

94YJ

Reaction score
Gauge works fine you just need to be on the turbo more. She chews on fuel when you ring the sleds neck

So are you saying I don’t know how to ride the sled? So does that Little black thing on the handle bar make the sled move? I’ve pumped over 400 bucks worth of fuel threw it as the gauge hasn’t moved once. But thanks for the tip frank.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you saying I don’t know how to ride the sled? So does that Little black thing on the handle bar make the sled move? I’ve pumped over 400 bucks worth of fuel threw it as the gauge hasn’t moved once. But thanks for the tip frank.

LMAO settle down big fella. My first few rides I noticed the fuel gauge didn’t move much until I got more on that turbo. Deeper snow and more turbo things eats up fuel and the gauge went down. Was all I was trying to say care less how hard you ride or don’t ride buddy…

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get about 25 liters in when the guage after a ride and guage was reading full. Every doo I have is like that. Also doesn't use much oil

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was going to say this is the most accurate fuel gauge yet. I guess the question should be asked, what gauge is the complaints on, mine is the big screen.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was going to say this is the most accurate fuel gauge yet. I guess the question should be asked, what gauge is the complaints on, mine is the big screen.

Mines small screen and seems accurate to me

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 2 button gauge it seems they stay full for a long time, then drop quickly. Definitely not representitive of travel. Its like 60km on the first half tank and 25km on the last half?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric gauges suck. I just reset my trip every ride and go off miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small guage, went home on low fuel light last ride, only put in 26 litres. Fuel guage is not accurate for sure.

Top Bottom