Front fork seals leaking again

krazy c

Reaction score
My fork seals are both leaking on my bike and was looking for somewhere to take them into for replacement. Looking for somewhere close to Edmonton as i live north of the city. Who does the best work, has the best service, best price etc. Any info or contact numbers would be great. THANKS

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pop off ur dust caps n get a piece of camera film n push it up and go around the fork ...try it a few times n then the lil piece of sand will come out n ur not leaky anymore...

krazy c

Reaction score
The camera film seemed to do the trick! Going to put some fork socks on to try and keep that sand out.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when tying down in the back of the truck, DONT suck the forks/bike down too much AND dont leave it tied down longer than the day, as the the pressure blows out seals left right and center.

ps: they are very easy to DIY

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another seal saving tool: make a spacer for in between the tire and the fender and ratchet down in between when the bike is in travel

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when tying down in the back of the truck, DONT suck the forks/bike down too much AND dont leave it tied down longer than the day, as the the pressure blows out seals left right and center.

ps: they are very easy to DIY
This is a myth the pressure of being tied down will not hurt the seals it is actually good for them

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do them yourself its not hard

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom