Fort Mcmurray----SIX LAKES

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are Walleye in Six Lakes, you just need to know where to go. If you were on the back side head straight across the lake to the upper right hand side and troll around from there to the front side camp grounds. Use the yellow plastic jigs. They seem to like those the best, oh yeah the one's with twin tails......

Is there walleye at six lakes?
I only caught jack fishing from shore.
I'll have a boat this year.

What are the campsites like at jackson?
We camped at the back of six lakes near where that creek is.
So beautiful.

Thanks guys!

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
Does anyone know which lakes up there are the best to bring kids at???? Nice beach and swimming is what we are looking for.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi FT, It seems that everyone is either working or on holidays, I thought that some one would have gotten back to you on this by now. I have not been up to the Six Lakes Area but this seems to be the preferred lake for camping and swimming. I have received a few pictures from some of the groups and most of the Lake ones are of the Six Lakes Area, good camping :av-31:and the Lake is very clear and not to deep around the camping area.????:waterskiing:. Read through the old posts for other ideas/ Jackson being closed in June as well as the new staging area, +- 28 kms North of the Old #1 or the start of the Ft Chip winter road, North of the Bitumount Historical Site, the # 2 staging area is gone, the new road removed it. The # 1 will also be gone when they are finnished the new road, the construction company, Thompson Construction, are using it as their location, service/offices/storage.

Bruce:ranger: 6X6

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six lakes, the main camping area has a small dock, small beach but you can watch the kids right from camp.

If you look straight across the lake you'll see a beautiful beach, you can drive your quad to it and lay back in the water, crystal clear, long beach, do some fishing, turn the kids loose or what ever you want.

Jacksons Hole is also nice, long shore line the kids can probably walk out a 1/8 mile and are only knee deep in water, only problem is it gets windy some times around Jackson.

Net lake is also nice, very long beach, longer ride as its about the last lake you'll come to before Lake Athabasca.

Hope that help.

My kids love six lakes the best....;)

Top Bottom