Fort Mcmurray----SIX LAKES

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
here's a few pics from last year when i had my kiodak 450

Are these pictures taken at the very last lake? We are going up and have only gone to the very last lake. We would like to camp closer this time but also want to have nice sandy beaches and sandy lake bottoms....
Any suggestions?

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
Are these pictures taken at the very last lake? We are going up and have only gone to the very last lake. We would like to camp closer this time but also want to have nice sandy beaches and sandy lake bottoms....
Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a map of the area??? That would be so helpful.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a map of the area??? That would be so helpful.

:feedback:If you would like to PM me your email addrress I can send you some JPG'S of the area. I do not do pictures on FORUM'S:confused::eek:.;). It seem's that most riders go to the SIX Lakes, approximatly 90+- km's from the staging areas. Do you do GPS? Make and any software the you might have for it.

Bruce.:ranger:

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
:feedback:If you would like to PM me your email addrress I can send you some JPG'S of the area. I do not do pictures on FORUM'S:confused::eek:.;). It seem's that most riders go to the SIX Lakes, approximatly 90+- km's from the staging areas. Do you do GPS? Make and any software the you might have for it.

Bruce.:ranger:

I tried to PM you but it won't let me this is the message it gave me:
AB RANGER 007 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove AB RANGER 007 from the recipient list and send the message again.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to PM you but it won't let me this is the message it gave me:
AB RANGER 007 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove AB RANGER 007 from the recipient list and send the message again.

Please try again, I must have turned off something.:eek:

Bruce,

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be going up june 11th to the 14th can't wait i've been going up there for the past 17 years seen alot of changes. We use to have to unload where the aurora turn off is now.

Fallen, are you still planing this trip?? and if so the lake that you will be camping at please.

Bruce.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trip planned for june 10 through to 15th i belive it is.. go up every year at least once. do it now before the oil sand industry wisks it all away :(

we have full tandem walking beam setups, even pull in a sea-doo for fun. probably staying at rock lake this time i belive was the plan.

keep an eye on the horseflys and them big ass ants..LOL

Can-Do, are you still planning this trip,?? and if so, the Lake that you will be camping at Please. I have sent this same message to Fallen.

Bruce.

Allan Wilbee

Reaction score
Six lakes is awesome. We go up every year. Giong this year from June 11 to the 15th. Its about a 4 hour ride with tub trailers to six or Jackson. The dunes are about another hour.Got a ton of pics if you want to see them. awilbee@shaw.ca send me your email

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's June and the walleye are biting....heading up to east Jackson on Sunday to get a few. should have some pics later on next week.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

its the last campsite back, but theres a stream just down from the campsite and we took my boat 2 more lakes back. Everyone calls it the back side of six lakes. sorry it took me so long to reply since sled season was over i havent been online much.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know Dave Piche by chance? i simply ask because your heading up the same time we are....and his relatives live in Ft Mac which come with us

i dont know him but my dad was telling me that theres about 22 of going on this trip. My dad and his buddies work at syncrude. i only know a handful of the guys that are going.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fallen, are you still planing this trip?? and if so the lake that you will be camping at please.

Bruce.

were leaving this thrusday and we'll be at the back side of six lakes i do believe. It all depends on what campsites are taken or not.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i go to six lakes but, I've only caught pike there. Net lake, jackson lake are more know for walleye.

outlander86

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on team 503 at Syncrude... If anyone is interested in going on on a trip let me know, we'll get the groups together....

I was up there last 6 off at east jackson for a couple days.... This six off coming up I'm headed to Net lake to some timeshare cabins and I'm pretty stoked! Time to put a few more hours on the 800 outty!

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from up there and Jackson lake trail is CLOSED the water table is up and the bridges are out so the rangers have closed it until they build bridges. We were the last group in there, lucky we got in before the gates went in. I do think the bridge we built would do with some slight adjustments but hopefully they get on it soon. Fishing was great and the parking lot to unload is now at roughly the 30km mark as they are building a permanent road up there. Will have some pics tomorrow when i find my camera.

Scuba

OUT

outlander86

Reaction score
Yeah when I said East jackson I meant to say west jackson.... We tried to take the trail around but like you said the water table is much too high.... they didnt have the trail closed at the time.... definitley got the outlander stuck trying to make it through though!

xiph0id

Reaction score
Is there walleye at six lakes?
I only caught jack fishing from shore.
I'll have a boat this year.

What are the campsites like at jackson?
We camped at the back of six lakes near where that creek is.
So beautiful.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom