Footwell cover to protect clutches from snow

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
is there a footwell cover that you can get to protect your clutches from snow on the pro chassis?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is. There is a guy on snowest that goes by Mike Taylor. He have a cover that goes on both sides. They come in black or white. They are plastic so the snow doesn't stick to them. You just bend them in place and rivet. Best of all you don't loose any air flow. Just finished installing them on my pro rmk.

footwellplates.jpg

IMG_20110122_161335-1.jpg

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep there is a guy on Snowest thank makes them, I have a white set coming in the mail. Look in the Polaris section his name is Mike Taylor, would you be interested in some white ones?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup running the Mike Taylor vents as well. $70 shipped is what they cost. Spend 3 days running them and they work real good, no snow gets into the engine bay at all.

I also ordered his windshield vents as well for an extra $25.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
That's why you would order from a dealer such as myself:cool:. I have some on order I am trying to get some added to my December order. We have Skinz stock arriving every month.

Jan

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really wish someone would make these for the 600 RMK 144
my vents are bent a bit....asked Mike and he said they MIGHT be putting some into production, but still not sure
might not be a big enough market for him i think
heres what mine look like.....

DSC_0085.jpg

Reactions: cs5

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is. There is a guy on snowest that goes by Mike Taylor. He have a cover that goes on both sides. They come in black or white. They are plastic so the snow doesn't stick to them. You just bend them in place and rivet. Best of all you don't loose any air flow. Just finished installing them on my pro rmk.

footwellplates.jpg

IMG_20110122_161335-1.jpg
Sorry to have to break it to ya boys but the only way to not loose some air flow is by not installing anything with screens. The finer the mesh the more restriction you will have. Courser mesh will be less restrictive. As far as snow goes in this location a course mesh would work fine. The screens in these pics I would never install. The skinz one as you can see in an earlier reply is far less restrictive. Again there will be restriction of air flow and more heat will be trapped. If I needed screens I would simply pick up some course mesh (say 10 mesh stainless screen) and epoxy to the inside of the existing stock foot kick plate. Just noticed also that this one in the pic has more solid material in areas where there was no material to allow air to escape. I would estimate the restriction of air flow is about 25%.

Last edited:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand you're going to lose airflow, but at the same time, heat rises. It's not like most guys riding in the hills are going to be moving fast enough to have any substantial airflow through the clutch area to require that amount of venting of having it wide open. If you're clutches are going to get that hot, I'd be looking for a different setup with less slip.

BruteCamo

Reaction score
I have a XXX modrods clutch side footwell screen in an unopened bag c/w rivets if anybody needs one..... $40 in edmonton

*SOLD*

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom