Fog Lights

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have super duty with "driving lights" and last winter on way thru McBride received a $195 ticket for driving with lights on. Was told in his opinion the conditions did not call for "fog lights". I tried to reason with him that is was snowy conditions and loose snow on highway being blown up and gave oncoming traffic a better idea of my truck on highway....Still got ticket. I also have Hella lights mounted on bar, that were not on, but uncovered, he made me find covers or cover with socks before letting me go. It is illegal to drive with uncovered after market lights??? All and all another wonderful experience with our fine law enforcement!!

Driving light bulbs must have the letters DOT or SAE on them or else they must be covered. Tis the law!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a douchebag too, I drive with them ON all the time and have yet to be flashed. HIDs on the other hand burn your eyes.I travel on the highways alot at night and with the fog lights ON, I sure see more of the road. What's worse is the AZZhat behind me with his HIDs on blinding everyone, Oh Well that's why I have tinted windows so I'm not blinded by them. If you don't like my fog lamp in your eyes well then don't look at me, scratch your nuts or something as I'm going by. LOL.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all in all are fog lights illegal or legal and is there anyway to get out of this ticket? Fog lights are used for better ground clearance and are reasonable if positioned correctly, so i have no clue what the issue is with not dying on a highway due to colliding with a moose, due to good visibility.

Fog lights don't give you enough light to avoid hitting a moose. You will notice that these fog lights we are talking about here only light up the road right in front of your bumper to enable you to see the road lines.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fog lights don't give you enough light to avoid hitting a moose. You will notice that these fog lights we are talking about here only light up the road right in front of your bumper to enable you to see the road lines.

I 100% disagree. They do give you a better view right in front of you. But the best of all they give you a wide view area.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest bunch of babies I've ever heard. SNOWMOBILE CHAT remember!!!Go cry in Tow Vehicles or something.

f650

Reaction score
i was given a 125 dollar ticket for having my fog lights on i explained to the cop that i just came through
a snow storm about 30 k back he couldnt care less gave me the ticket and said have a good day
not suppose to have more than 2 driving lights on

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I 100% disagree. They do give you a better view right in front of you. But the best of all they give you a wide view area.

What are you disagreeing with? You say what I'm saying, "They do give you a better view right in front of you". Right in front of you is too late and a wide view area is way out there and does nothing for you. Unless of course you are sitting along the side of the road not moving. Them lighting up the rd right in front of you does a lot of good when doing 100Kmh.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was given a 125 dollar ticket for having my fog lights on i explained to the cop that i just came through
a snow storm about 30 k back he couldnt care less gave me the ticket and said have a good day
not suppose to have more than 2 driving lights on

30 k back. If you were using your memory you'd have turned them off and had 125 buckeroonies for sled gas!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm underdog. I'm an azzhat. I drive with my AUXILIARY lights on and when someone flashes me, I flash them back with all my lights. High beam and AUXILIARY lights.

sent from a phone

Nice to meet you UD,... I'm an azzhat as well,..

I actually converted my "factory driving lights" to a higher wattage bulb. I went from 35w low beam to 55w high beam,.. it was cheaper than running HID's. Now I have low beam headlights AND driving light high beams:)

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest bunch of babies I've ever heard. SNOWMOBILE CHAT remember!!!Go cry in Tow Vehicles or something.

it was raised as a snowmobiling topic as the sport includes driving somewhere for most of us. I'll look you up when I'm in Revy next and explain it to you.

This is obviously a concern, as it's got allot of feedback. If I can't see the edge or the yellow line on a 2 lane highway cause I'm seen spots from your fawkin lites it's a big concern. Your not the only people on the roads.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't find people who drive with fog lights on to be irritating unless they are aimed so they can spot eagles in the tree tops lol. Aimed right its just another set of lights going down the highway.

Isn't flashing your high beams at people with bright lights illegal as well? man wouldn't you feel bad if you caused a crash by flashing someone going by and then having them swerve smash into the side of you sled trailer or roll into the ditch. or cause some sort of road rage incident. What ever happened to just looking at your white line if you encounter a set of bright lights. come on guys this is retarded to argue like a bunch of kids.

115(2)(e) engaged in stunt/activity likely to distract /startle / interfere with other users of highway and did so while driving = Stunting ticket lol not cheap

Had a buddy get a stunting ticket for this.

Dragin

Reaction score
They are not "fog" lamps people. They are "driving lights" and they are legal, if they werent legal then manufactures wouldnt have them as factory equipment! They are ment to light the edge of the road and part of the ditch. If they were actual fogs lamps then why do they produce white light which we all know does nothing to penetrate fog! If you dont like people driving with them on then stay home. Sick and tired of people bitching beacuse the world is not perfect for them. If you feel that a truck approachin you with so called "fog" lights on is going to ruin your weekend then go become a cop or dot officer and enforce something.

I agree
And why can't you just look to the right shoulder and stop whining? My manual refers to them as auxiliary lights not fog lights. Yes it's courtesy to dim your high beams there aimed higher...driving lights are not. I've checked the aim of my driving lights and there beam shines lower than my low beams so if they bother you it's because your staring at them that's not my fault learn where to look.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't care to read the entire thread so this may be a repeat but they are not fog lights they are auxilary driving lights and made to give the driver better vision in the ditches and front of the vehicle, most are under the wattage of the headlight and in my opinion they are half as annoying as many stock headlights. HID's that everyone brag about are super annoying but they are also stock on many vehicles so it's something to get used to annoying or not just like the blue headlights. I run a truck with aftermarket lights and a useless lift kit and took the time to adjust my lights to factory levels and don't have excessive bulbs in my truck, nor do I run my aux lights, but IMO they are half as annoying as many other lights. I also don't run mudflaps as I think they are useless, generally cause more damage than not to my and your vehicle from the ricochet effect they give to you and the common back over the flap and body damage is does to me, if you honestly think the mud tires on my truck are more likely to throw rocks tell my how the lug spacing on my mud tires compares to your all terrains and flaps and the damage you cause over mine, personally I have had more windows taken out from minivans on the highway than log trucks or other lifted flapless trucks, generally the gaps in my lugs are wide enough the debris is untouched when driven over? I get the aux lights do bother some people but if they were illegal as you guys think they would come with covers from the factory and be on a toggle switch like my KC's and anybody else's who are legally installed, try driving in a 3rd world country they don't even dim their headlights for the most part, the roads are less than half the width, and the driver training is brutal

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to meet you UD,... I'm an azzhat as well,..

I actually converted my "factory driving lights" to a higher wattage bulb. I went from 35w low beam to 55w high beam,.. it was cheaper than running HID's. Now I have low beam headlights AND driving light high beams:)

I put 4000k lights in my headlights and fog lights. I can see!

sent from a phone

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
popular place............

There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 1 guests)

Top Bottom