Flooding REV

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused: I have a 2004 Summit REV 800ho the sled is in great shape, But I have had a flooding problem. We cleaned the carbs and the sled ran great (found nothing in the carbs were clean). The sled ran great for 4 rides. The last ride out it ran great at the end of the day I was facing slightly nose down and the sled flooded. Removed the carbs and found nothing again but still floods........Floats or fuel pump.......the floats seem to work......anybody have this problem before?:confused::confused:......The trail was very rough......10km of hell

jlieske1

Reaction score
Are your carb heaters on? Normally if it's the carb heaters it will start ok when it's cold and then start causing problems when warm and the longer you leave it the harder it will be to start (all the fuel evaporates out of the bowls). Could be your fuel pump diaphragm, if there is a hole in the diaphragm the fuel will be sucked into the crank case by the vacuum line. Just a couple ideas anyway.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes carb heaters are on. I have a feeling it is the floats. To change both it is over 300 bucks and a wait. The trail was very rough.....like ROUGH and LONG. I might have damaged the floats from banging around.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes carb heaters are on. I have a feeling it is the floats. To change both it is over 300 bucks and a wait. The trail was very rough.....like ROUGH and LONG. I might have damaged the floats from banging around.
Try it with the heaters off first..... Takes forever to start when you boil the gas out of the carbs.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Change your floats, they are done!!! Even though they look good, that is what is giving you your flooding grief.
The needle and seat are attached to your floats.

jlieske1

Reaction score
Try it with the heaters off first..... Takes forever to start when you boil the gas out of the carbs.
I agree! It doesn't cost anything to turn them off. If it starts good and runs good but has starting issues after it's warm, it's carb heaters. It happened to me this winter and I haven't had any issues since shutting them off.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
totally carb heaters. having my rev for 7 years i have only had carb heat on once and it was a deep powder day about -15 and slides were freezing. next ride out had the same problem as you, i forgot the valves open and it seemed like sled was flooding.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused: I have a 2004 Summit REV 800ho the sled is in great shape, But I have had a flooding problem. We cleaned the carbs and the sled ran great (found nothing in the carbs were clean). The sled ran great for 4 rides. The last ride out it ran great at the end of the day I was facing slightly nose down and the sled flooded. Removed the carbs and found nothing again but still floods........Floats or fuel pump.......the floats seem to work......anybody have this problem before?:confused::confused:......The trail was very rough......10km of hell

Did you get this fixed? I had the same problem and it was my floats even though they looked fine. Replaced and sled runs great.

Top Bottom