Fix Kits

oldym8rider

Reaction score
Was wondering with all the Fix Kits in Polaris Pros out there if anybody had anything positive or negative to say about their experiences so far? Could you provide mileage on your kit and whose kit your using. Trying to decide which one to got to before the inevitable failure.

Thanks for the help

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you search back on this site there is lots of talk about the kits. one of the guys at work at 3400 miles on his 2011 pro and no issues but is doing the top end this fall as well as checking the bottom end

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Chrisco on here a a pm he's most likely one of the best Polaris guys on here. And does real nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rk tek make a drop in kit. Ive seen the pistons compared to stock pistons and they look way stronger. Wakes the 800 pros up. Pm Rhodesie. He knows alot about rk tek.

Last edited:

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2-2014 Pro's that are about to get MTNTK fix kits. I did 6 kits for friends last year and they are all running strong.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on 2000 hard mountain miles on my mtntk fix kit before my 13 pro was stolen. Compression test, and exhaust port inspection @ about 1600 miles were perfect.
From day one after installation the engine ran smoother, stronger, and mechanically quieter. The bastard who stole my sled will have a strong running engine for years to come.

While the other kits may be working, nobody else has been doing this nearly as long as mtntk. They make the real deal.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on 2000 hard mountain miles on my mtntk fix kit before my 13 pro was stolen. Compression test, and exhaust port inspection @ about 1600 miles were perfect.
From day one after installation the engine ran smoother, stronger, and mechanically quieter. The bastard who stole my sled will have a strong running engine for years to come.

While the other kits may be working, nobody else has been doing this nearly as long as mtntk. They make the real deal.
Can't wait to run mine this season now.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with any of the other fix kits? Im looking at doing the kit that comes with the spacer and SPI pistons for the wifes sled. And yes I know the mtntk is the best one. Im just looking for a cheaper priced kit to get her by for the season as she doesn't log tons of miles or ride super hard till we get her new sled next season.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why would you cheap out on your motor??? $400 or $650. Is the $250 worth the risk?? Get the MTNTK kit!!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you cheap out on your motor??? $400 or $650. Is the $250 worth the risk?? Get the MTNTK kit!!
As I said I know the mtntk kits are the best but im looking for a opinion on the others she isn't going to be doing tons of miles and it will be traded in at the end of the season.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I said I know the mtntk kits are the best but im looking for a opinion on the others she isn't going to be doing tons of miles and it will be traded in at the end of the season.
What's the current situation on her sled? How many miles, etc... She may not even need to bother with a Fix Kit, especially if she isn't planning on logging too many miles or riding hard.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think of it this way....
-most people buying Polaris 800 sleds are aware of the OEM piston clearance issue.
-if I'm looking for a used 800 Polaris next year, I will chose one with a mtntk kit in it over anything else.
-I would possibly even pay a little more for a sled with a mtntk kit over another brand with only two or less seasons of consumer r&d.
-I will walk right past your wife's sled to find one with the parts I KNOW work inside the cylinders.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think of it this way....
-most people buying Polaris 800 sleds are aware of the OEM piston clearance issue.
-if I'm looking for a used 800 Polaris next year, I will chose one with a mtntk kit in it over anything else.
-I would possibly even pay a little more for a sled with a mtntk kit over another brand with only two or less seasons of consumer r&d.
-I will walk right past your wife's sled to find one with the parts I KNOW work inside the cylinders.
It could be a 600 though, which case buy that up. That's why I'm looking for more info on the sled.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True enough...
But that being said, I would never put SPI pistons in anything I own

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 800 with 2500 miles on the original Pistons. So what is going to be the big issue of the Pistons I choose are different than the mtntk most of them have copied the specs so the clearance issue should be resolved.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say do the fix kit for sure at that mileage. As others have said, MTNTK has been doing this the longest and has it dialed, I wouldn't put anything else in mine.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you really need to save $200. there are other kits put together on Ebay that imitate the MTNTK kit. I like having my dealer for questions and have him help me when I need there help. That's worth the $200 to me!!!

As Dabot said, Everyone is looking for this kit in a used sled.

Top Bottom