First trip to the mountains

mason1000

Reaction score
Se just rented a cabin at nv in mcbride over Xmas and I am taking my fiancé that has very little experience sledding. I am looking for the best place to take her so she will have as much fun as possible. That way I get to take her again lol any help will be great and we are riding m1000 153's thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with chadwik. If you have any questions about how to get to area's or you are just looking for info or parts or gear just stop by the shop and we will be glad to help you out even if it is just information that you are looking for.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Se just rented a cabin at nv in mcbride over Xmas and I am taking my fiancé that has very little experience sledding. I am looking for the best place to take her so she will have as much fun as possible. That way I get to take her again lol any help will be great and we are riding m1000 153's thanks

don't start her on an m 1000........

Sent from my Nexus S

mason1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the info we will defiantly stop in I need a couple of spare belts for the trip. And it's a little late I bought the sleds last year and she has put on about 200 miles last year. It just tired her out a bit but she won't sell it it's pretty colours haha lmfao!

mason1000

Reaction score
And also do we need beacons and do we rent or just buy them and where to rent an how much is it

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rent your beacons and shovels from spindrift, Glenn will give you a lesson on how to use them properly and let you know the ins and outs of mountain riding. It's not quite a avy course, but he will let you know the basics......I too suggest a course when you have time.

mason1000

Reaction score
I can't wait and who should I call about a guide ? All I want is deep powder for the gf to play in I want to keep her happy and get her more comfortable sledding.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Spindrift for all your stuff.Take her to Bell for her first ride.I took my wife there to get her feet wet and now she's hooked!After a day there she should be comfortable anywhere after that.My wife gets played out on her m6 so your's will be wanting the hot tub after a day on the 1000!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think its a bad thing to start the wife on a 1000! I tried starting mine on a 4 stroke MTX phazer and it was the worst idea!! It was too tippy and it couldnt power out of turns it just flopped on her! Last year I put her on a stock nytro it worked way better! A more stable sled plus had some power to keep he moving. She was way more comfortable on it. This year she has an M1000 162!! So it all depends on the teacher I think when it comes down to the girls riding. ( plus I got a new Turbo M1000 so she gets my stocker :) )

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow super sweet of you! X3 making a trip to talk and get stuff from glen best guy around!

Brappp306

Reaction score
An M1000 eh, thats a little bit of sled for a newbie in the mountains haha. Were also heading up to McBride on the 18th, cant wait! Hope you guys have a good trip!

mason1000

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... Glen will be one of our first stops for sure right after picking up beer and a turkey for Xmas dinner lol ad the reason we got the 1000's are they were cheap. We got them last year as " last years" stock 09's an got them for 10,200$ a piece out the door with cans so I wasn't about to pay almost four grand more to get her an m8!

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... Glen will be one of our first stops for sure right after picking up beer and a turkey for Xmas dinner lol ad the reason we got the 1000's are they were cheap. We got them last year as " last years" stock 09's an got them for 10,200$ a piece out the door with cans so I wasn't about to pay almost four grand more to get her an m8!

What a happy guy!

Sent from my Nexus S

mason1000

Reaction score
Ya I am getting kinda excited I have been living in Alberta and have wanted to go for three years now and am finally getting across the bc boarder

Top Bottom