First sled advice

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're not sure if you are going to like sledding go rent sleds first. Pretty much every sledding area has a rental place that rents new machines. Riding new iron vs old iron might be the difference between liking the sport or not.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to start a brand war here but I'm looking at buying my first mountain sled and want to keep cost reasonable until I know I really like the sport and my skill level increases a little.

I'm looking at either a Polaris or Doo. I have found a 2010 Polaris dragon at a local dealer with 793 miles asking $7000. I have a lot of questions but would like to hear riders opinions (not sales pitches from salesmen). How many miles is a mountain sled actually good for? I've seen a lot of doos a a couple/few years old with 1200 to 1500 miles and still asking 10k! :eek:

How about a 2010 dragon for a beginner? Is there a different sled that would fit a newbie to the sport better without busting the bank? Was there any weak/bad issues with this model of sled? Of course we all want a decent machine that won't leave us stranded on the hill and I want to make sure I'm not buying a bad situation right off the bat. What do I need to look for or at before buying? What questions should I ask the dealer? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a 10 Dragon 800 zeebs, and it has not had any major problems. Other than the typical VR issue, but 7 grand for States pricing is way to high!!! I doubt I would let mine go for 7 grand.
If you are looking mostly at Polaris, the 700 RMK is the bullet proof sled. I have ridden a couple of them, and I would highly recommend one.
Like RGM has posted, maybe try renting a couple first and go from there......

Top Bottom