First Ride of 2014,

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get out today?

I ditch banged around locally, explored a few area's. Took the sturgeon River into Gibbons, then ditched banged home. Seen a few others out riding.

Was nice too, traveling along HWY 28, cops went past, didn't even look twice. Had I still had been in Strathcona, it would have been an expensive day. :beer:

Anyways, Happy new years everyone, Hoping 2014 brings forth some great riding. :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had a couple of eastern neighbours out today. They braved the drive this morning and we went up the bumpy trail and played in the trees. Found some pretty nice snow, a few stumps, a few rocks, but no carnage/damage. Supposed to snow on Friday and we need it!

A great start to a new year!

Reactions: RXN

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was burning around home too today. Snow is still pretty good. Just wish we didn't have those warm spells. Then the snow would be perfect still.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I had a couple of eastern neighbours out today. They braved the drive this morning and we went up the bumpy trail and played in the trees. Found some pretty nice snow, a few stumps, a few rocks, but no carnage/damage. Supposed to snow on Friday and we need it!

A great start to a new year!

hope it starts puking snow down there Doug!

I spent my afternoon restringing a recoil starter, replacing a throttle lever and thumb warmer and re-assembling a 2012 Proclimb...... now she best not break it again!

bobalong

Reaction score
We were out west of Edmonton, planned on going out to St. Anne but never made it that far. Might trailer out there next weekend and do some fishing.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out yesterday east of the house (north hespero) , lots of snow, up to the 3rd wire on the fences and blown across in places. all powder.

Attachments

• jan 1 2014.jpg
    jan 1 2014.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 171
  • jan 1 2014 #2.jpg
    jan 1 2014 #2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 173

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode from home, doubled my old lady up to west cabin. Cooked some smokies on the stove and rode back down in the dark. Good day but doubling on an XM sucks. Have to grab her a sled from work next time.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode from home, doubled my old lady up to west cabin. Cooked some smokies on the stove and rode back down in the dark. Good day but doubling on an XM sucks. Have to grab her a sled from work next time.

Get that sock out from under the mattress and buy your nice wife a nice new shiny one...........just saying.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Teeroy bought that fancy red parka. I told everyone last year it has the power and sure enough Alberta has the snow this year. Maybe I need to buy it back in the spring......:d

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First ride of the winter yesterday. After we got past the fawking quad tracks :rant: it was "decent", but we need more snow. Straight up the pipeline to the top of the mountain jumping water bars till my arms were jello....which didn't take long. Pretty good ride for the first of the season.

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Sturgeon County North of Hwy 37 for about 3.5 hrs yesterday, found some deep, found some hills, was great riding! Saw a few out on way home.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
119km from home to Oras road and back ( the long way, both ways ) haha.
Nice job looks like you stayed right side lol
yesterday?did you go down by the creek north of my house? heard 4sleds.
buddy went through the horsegaurd sunday night

Attachments

• ck 1.jpg
    ck 1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 76

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went first off the bank, was all good looked back as he was just getting onto it, thought all was good continued up the creek another k looked back wasn't there, couldn't hear him - went back to the last place I saw him and skis were under the ice -4.5ft water and hood half submerged, we couldn't pull him back up the 10ft bank backwards the back skis hooked under the creek bank, so we kept tension on the sled with the recovery line and fished the ski hoops and tied a rope and pulled each one up enough to get on ice and worked it out the this side of the picture till it was solid enough, right after his sled went in he got off and he broke thru and had to roll off on his side to get back onto hard water, good times - good thing the comealong was only few k away at the acreage cus he was cold doubling back.

Top Bottom