Final Meeting on the Strathcona Recreational Study Oct 9 & 11/07

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

You have to attend one of these meetings.... no questions ...it is a must.
Yes - Even if you do not live there as these two meetings are the final meetings to determin the next 20 years of recreation in Strathcona County.

Any snowmobile trails through Strathcona County are determined here & NOW...
We need your support to further serve and protect our sport....

Strathcona County has prepared a draft Open Space and Recreation Facility Strategy. We are now in the final stages of community review of that document. This strategy identifies future planning activities for parks, trails, natural areas and indoor recreation facilities for 10 years and beyond.

I encourage you to please attend one of the two upcoming open houses on October 9 at Ardrossan Recreation Centre and October 11 at Festival Place to hear more about the Strategy and provide feedback. Both meetings will be from 7-9 PM. There will be a 30 minute presentation followed by an opportunity to ask questions of County staff and consultants. There are newspaper advertisements for the meetings appearing in the Sherwood Park News last week and this week for the meetings. We would like to close this final round of public input on the document on October 12th.

To get more information about the Strategy, please go to the Strathcona County web page (Strathcona County, Alberta, Canada | Home) or call me at the number below. The web page includes the document itself, a feedback form and other related information.

I would also encourage you to send this email to your groups executive and your members (if applicable) to encourage them to participate. We want to encourage the broadest possible circulation and review of the strategy.
Thank you to those who have attended review meetings to date.

I look forward to hearing from you. Any questions, please do not hesitate to call me.

Bob Priebe, M.Pl, MCIP,
Coordinator Environmental and Open Space Planning Engineering and Environmental Planning Department Phone 464-8093 Fax 464-8180

Mailing Address:
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, Alberta
T8A 3W7

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im back. Like mentioned before by Ministik Man for all those snowmobilers in the Stratchona County NOW is the chance to get your interest reconized. If you want to see snowmobiling in the county get involved by attending at least one of the meetings please. Give the organizers a positve response back that snowmobilers need interconnecting trails from North to South. See you there. Tues or Thursday night. Tues at Ardrossan Rec center Thurs at Festival Place.

goodleo

Reaction score
Hi guys. I went to the meeting on tuesday in Ardrossan and I found it to be a waste of time. Sorrry but I did. My impression is that this meeting was for show and nothing else. I really hope the county listens and provides us with some riding areas and trail links. I will be attending other meetings as nessary. I think the people that are heading this up for the snowmobilers are doing a great job!! I think, but I do not know for sure, the guy that shot at the sledders last year was there. Scarry dude. The things he was saying to me and and another fellow sledder were very disturbing!!!

Top Bottom