lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow what a winter....

warm.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you dig that up? I am 70 km north of Fernie and it is +1 on the house thermometer. My phone says Fernie is -5 at 4:11 pm. Yes, some things are crazy......:d

I just Googled Fernie Weather and thats what comes up.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are links to three weather stations located in the Fernie area...not sure where Google gets their info from...but I would bet my last sperm that it never got to 17 in Fernie today. It was sunny for a while and maybe their temperature location is not protected from the sun.

Ski hill study plot...latest info is at the bottom of the page.
NE aspect Lizard Range: Main Snow Study Plot 1615 m (2-3-2015)

Polar Peak top of the ridge at 7000 feet...latest info is at the bottom of the page.

Morrissey Weather station located at the Morrissey turnoff on Hwy 3. Click on the 'Weather' button to show the current conditions.
B.C.Highway Cams

Cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They may get it from Environment Canada in Sparwood. I don't think it got to +17 in Sparwood either. What a job; all those big bucks and they mis-reading a thermometer or else they fill out the chart improperly...............Hmmmmmmmm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are links to three weather stations located in the Fernie area...not sure where Google gets their info from...but I would bet my last sperm that it never got to 17 in Fernie today. It was sunny for a while and maybe their temperature location is not protected from the sun.

Who knows? I would sure hope it never got to +17 its friggen February!!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows? I would sure hope it never got to +17 its friggen February!!

December and January have been pretty crappy for skiing and sledding, probably the lowest number of days I have ever done in those two months. Looking forward to an epic remainder of the season.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
December and January have been pretty crappy for skiing and sledding, probably the lowest number of days I have ever done in those two months. Looking forward to an epic remainder of the season.

Me too:beer:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Fernie February 5th to February 8th. Any updates on conditions that way?

Haven t been out for a couple of weeks so I cant give a first hand account but it is looking promising.

The ski hill forecast:

OUTLOOK:
THURSDAY: Periods of snow, moderate accumulation. High near -1.
An additional moderate accumulation should be seen Thursday night.

FRIDAY: Periods of snow or mixed precipitation, heavy at times. A moderate accumulation is possible. High near 0.

SATURDAY: Periods of snow or rain. High near +1.

Jvl

Reaction score

Ski hill study plot...latest info is at the bottom of the page.
NE aspect Lizard Range: Main Snow Study Plot 1615 m (2-3-2015)

Polar Peak top of the ridge at 7000 feet...latest info is at the bottom of the page.

Morrissey Weather station located at the Morrissey turnoff on Hwy 3. Click on the 'Weather' button to show the current conditions.
B.C.Highway Cams

Cheers

you must be shooting blanks because I wasn't the only one that saw plus 17. A guy at work seen it in his truck around 2:00pm as well. All those weather stations aren't in fernie and some are at way higher elevations.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me too!!!

powwow

Reaction score
Fernie was +6 at 3pm yesterday. Sparwood was -4 and snowing. Freeze line in Fernie looks very high.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot (4).jpg
Screenshot (5).jpg

There is no weather station in Fernie. The closest government stations are in Sparwood and Cranbrook...it was no where near +17 in Fernie yesterday. If there was that big of a temperature differential between Sparwood and Fernie and Cranbrook it would have been windy as hell and there was no wind yesterday.

The best information comes from the two weather stations at the ski hill...it has a multi-day history of the temperatures at the elevations you would be typically riding at.

Temperature readings from vehicles can be very misleading. Both my vehicles have to be driving for at least 5 minutes before an accurate reading is provided. If someone hops in a vehicle that has been sitting in the sun, it will indicate very high until driven for a while.

EDIT: the pictures are not very clear. The high in Cranbrook yesterday was +6...Sparwood high was +2.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
are we done arguing over temperatures? can we get back to conditions?

Do you need a Snickers?

Stephs-Snickers-Cake-Snickers-bar-700x470.jpg

Top Bottom