Fernie conditions 2014/15

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the hills yesterday, got away to late to go back into Harvey. Coal creek parking lot is done, parking will be at the first bridge. There was ride-able snow going up but we rode about 2km of dirt/snow yesterday coming down. Probed 6 feet up on top of the ridge in a spot that should have about 12....time to bounce back into Harvey a few times then call It a year. if the forecast stays true, she's coming to an end quick down here. Time to get out the trailer and fly rod I guess.

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Vertical-Extreme about the Coal Creek parking lot. Most people were staged down at the parking area but a few trucks were parked up the road a ways. Going in, the trail was OK with a few dirt patches...on the way out it had degraded substantially. I think by next weekend you will have to park at the Matheson turnoff.

Our plan on Sunday was to head to Ram Creek but we got a late start and decided to stage at Coal Creek and go explore a Cirque we hadn't been to in 7 years. The top elevation is 7,300 feet but we only got up to around 6,800' and even then the snow was OK...about 6" of powder. We bushwhacked for hours trying to find a way in to the Cirque, but we were defeated by the low snow pack...tight trees and steep gully's. Should have got up earlier and gone to Ram :(

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rams not much better. Not enough snow to access lower and not much coverage in heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sucks. Any idea at what KM a person would stage from now with a sled deck, furthest I've ever staged at was Km 40.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's tricky. Last March we drove as far as I thought was possible only to get around a couple corners and riding gravel again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom