Fernie Area

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a buddy heading to Fernie at Christmas to go skiing. And he was going to try and get some sledding in also, if there was any snow there. I have never been to Fernie and told him that I would ask around for him. Are there any good riding areas near by?
Thanks inadvance.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is New Denver?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
New Denver is a couple of valleys over from Fernie, probably around 4+ hours as a guess. Ghost Rider motorsports can provide trail passes and maps for the area as well as sled rentals if required.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there are some good riding areas. You can leave right from town and there are lots of people that will provide you with info on where to go. The pipeline is a popular place. Otherwise you can go west of town to morrisee I cant remember how far it is. But I dont think that Fernie has enough snow right now or is going to ge any soon to sled anyways.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have acouple Nitro's so they still may need the rentals for back-up.:d I will pass on the info, thanks fella's.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes there are some good riding areas. You can leave right from town and there are lots of people that will provide you with info on where to go. The pipeline is a popular place. Otherwise you can go west of town to morrisee I cant remember how far it is. But I dont think that Fernie has enough snow right now or is going to ge any soon to sled anyways.

Can't ride from town anymore....the staging area at FasGas is closed except for emergency vehicles. There is snow around but it is a little sketchy right now but everyday it has been adding up....we'll be fine for Xmas....:xmas2004_15:

Top Bottom