February Snow Conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RXN txt me and said a new sledder went tobogganing down and hit a tree,broke femur and had to wait 4hrs for search and rescue...
SAR ground crew got called at 5:05 and by 8:45 they were done and back in town. broken femor takes some time to get packaged on hill.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my 12 day vacation is almost over in McBride, got 7 days riding in with lots of sunshine and found lots of new honey holes. Heading out with Hotrod for tonights groom (Sat.) then home tomorrow. Be glad to get home to rest up! Higgins.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 days sounds great Higgins! Have they recieved any fresh lately? We are heading up on Tuesday for a 3 day ride! Thanks again for the updates :beer:

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of carnage this weekend. Rode renshaw sat. Found some decent snow in wineberger. Rode bell today, very tracked up.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696445.935848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696445.935848.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 434
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696495.784256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696495.784256.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 439
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696543.789512.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329696543.789512.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 437

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 days sounds great Higgins! Have they recieved any fresh lately? We are heading up on Tuesday for a 3 day ride! Thanks again for the updates :beer:

The forecast so far is saying Tuesday and Wednesday, 10-15 cm. hope so! we're back up friday!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Renshaw yesterday Monday Feb 20, here is what we found.

The trail was groomed nicely and there was 27 people on the trial that day.
After a big snowfall to areas the previous 2 days, it was a bluebird morning until about 1:30 then the clouds started rolling in with another dump of heavy snow.
We didn't ride until noon as I had to replace a broken bolt in my suspension. Thanks to Rod from Adrenaline tours who tapped my axle and Glen at spindrift who helped me get it put back together.
So we headed out down the nicely groomed trail to 27 and headed towards blackwater, the meadows were very tracked with limited snow to hit, there was probably 2" of fresh snow in these areas. We then got up into Blackwater where there was very limited tracks and 1' - 2' of fresh powder, played for a while and tracked it up a bit, decided not to go into the anthills as it was quite tracked up and looks like this area did not get the big dump. It seemed to go more towards the saddle and back to Spirit. So we went back to the cabin and headed up the hill towards the ladder and the saddle, but before that headed to the right and dropped down into that upper portion of that bowl. The snow in there was coming over the hood in several areas. If you followed it down and kept right the snow diminished down to 1' of fresh. So my thoughts are that from the saddle all the way past the ladder and as far as Sprit or Pyramid the snow gets deeper. Ive heard from many people that were riding on Sunday that they went down the ladder and it was up to 4' deep of fresh. If you went in the other direction from the cabin towards the big hill where everyone climbs and in that area there was way less snow. Not sure how wineburgers bowl was but im sure it would be better than blackwater.

Top Bottom