FEBRUARY 20

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, What do you think they pull out of the rabbits hat on February 20th?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This g5 is dialed. They need to focus on getting that gauge setup on par with Polaris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s definitely dialed and stretching arms
but think there will be refinements on a few things centering around chain and quick change setup
Maybe we will see a new mill or updated. 850r n/a ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely dialed and stretching arms
but think there will be refinements on a few things centering around chain and quick change setup
Maybe we will see a new mill or updated. 850r n/a ??

Ya I mean Polaris marketing managed to essentially sell Ocean front property in Arizona if you consider dollars per horsepower at altitude with the 9R vs G5T. It’s clear there is a market for guys that want to pay 7000$ more for a 12% power increase. All they have to do is increase the output of the 850 NA by “12%” and charge the same as the boost/g5t and guys will be on it like white on rice because they ride the “trees” where no boosted sled has gone before or dares to go because it has 0.0005 seconds of lag

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I mean Polaris marketing managed to essentially sell Ocean front property in Arizona if you consider dollars per horsepower at altitude with the 9R vs G5T. It’s clear there is a market for guys that want to pay 7000$ more for a 12% power increase. All they have to do is increase the output of the 850 NA by “12%” and charge the same as the boost/g5t and guys will be on it like white on rice because they ride the “trees” where no boosted sled has gone before or dares to go because it has 0.0005 seconds of lag

The marketing department is top notch. Maybe even better than the engineering dept. they drum up a scheme and we eat it up and drop $$ to get one no questions asked so..

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is :

A Big 102" digital screen for skidoo

Or

A Ford 1/2 ton with sled deck and 3 sleds on board...

If I could only find my crystal ball I could narrow things down a bit better...

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple big items that should be high on their list.

-More backcountry friendly features for the big screen.
-Improved drivers on the turbos
-HYVO gears and / or a factory belt drive
-100% Pre-season snow check deliveries

Things we are likely to see:
-BNG
-Fancy linq accessories that utilize the rear accessory connector
-Price increases

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solid drive shaft and hyvo gear and chain is my bet. Maybe a GPS receiver for the big gauge.

And it my birthday that day to.

Yeah; go tell wifey you are getting a new sled again next year.................:paddle::stretcher:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You miss the point....again. Sure turbo lag sucks but many guys don't want a N/A just to eliminate lag. There is so much more. Lighter weight, simple design, often more warranty, These things, plus a big bore offers more torque while not sacrificing rpm's with a simple long stroke motor design. Riding is not all about straight up climbs. Reality is sometimes you get stuck (and yes Doo turbos too, because I pulled one this last weekend) and sometimes you need to roll your sled. If a sled is lighter you get less tired and can ride harder.
Your arguement is a 747 has more power than a jet fighter. Yes you are right but really it is not what is important. Pricing on the 9R is too high but with so many people wanting one, Polaris can name their price.

Top Bottom