Favorite "riding" picture.

mrjck

Reaction score
Yeah......that's what I thought - that is a no riding area! NO RIDING on Catamount or Northstar Glaciers in the Forster drainage. Please obey the signs!

Yeah, I learnt that after, I didnt exactly know that was the no-go glacier! Thought I'd put up the pics anyway seeing as we went up, but I know for next time... No signage down there when we went through...

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I learnt that after, I didnt exactly know that was the no-go glacier! Thought I'd put up the pics anyway seeing as we went up, but I know for next time... No signage down there when we went through...

Let's get this thread on track please, people. The thread says "favorite riding picture".

Riding in closed areas and then posting them on a public forum is not doing the sledding community any favours. YOU as a responsible sledder are supposed to know what areas are closed or not. Sorry, heard your excuse too many times.:nono::nono::nono:

mrjck

Reaction score
you knew it was a closed area, and still posted the pics anyway?? :confused:

It was my very first trip into the mountains, and more-less my first time on a sled too. Not to make excuses, but what would you do if it was your first time there, didnt see any signage posted, and were following many other sleds going up there?

I know a lot more now about how to check what areas I'm going into now, and still always try to be a responsible sledder, but its still pretty easy to do when you see other sleds going up and there isnt any "No sled" signs.

So lesson to be learnt: That glacier is off limits to sleds. Haven't been there in 2 years, so dont know if there are any signs yet or not.

I put up the pics more for their beauty, but will leave them up to admit my mistake so that other sledders can learn from it and know not to go up there. (Obviously it wasn't that common knowledge judging by how many sleds I saw up there). If I get any more flak about it I'm just going to take them down... This thread is just for pics, thanks guys & gals.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few shots from boulder
c964d63b.jpg

me in the sugar bowl
a1af8fa6.jpg

me off the shaede lane. oops

3110fa4b.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It was my very first trip into the mountains, and more-less my first time on a sled too. Not to make excuses, but what would you do if it was your first time there, didnt see any signage posted, and were following many other sleds going up there?

I know a lot more now about how to check what areas I'm going into now, and still always try to be a responsible sledder, but its still pretty easy to do when you see other sleds going up and there isnt any "No sled" signs.

So lesson to be learnt: That glacier is off limits to sleds. Haven't been there in 2 years, so dont know if there are any signs yet or not.

I put up the pics more for their beauty, but will leave them up to admit my mistake so that other sledders can learn from it and know not to go up there. (Obviously it wasn't that common knowledge judging by how many sleds I saw up there). If I get any more flak about it I'm just going to take them down... This thread is just for pics, thanks guys & gals.

You are holding your own quite well. Stick to your guns!

You've admitted your mistake and I agree with you it is or should be a learning lesson for everyone.

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing like the tallest mountain in North America.

IMG_5435.jpg

I have flown over that on a blue sky day. Truly amazing to see from the air. We were at 30,000 ft and it looked like our wings could touch it. Pilot was kind enough to do a lap around it for us. wish I could find the pics but it was 10 years ago.

ACE44

Reaction score
I have flown over that on a blue sky day. Truly amazing to see from the air. We were at 30,000 ft and it looked like our wings could touch it. Pilot was kind enough to do a lap around it for us. wish I could find the pics but it was 10 years ago.

You are right about that. Keep looking for your pics.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy area.

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 259.jpg
    259.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 470
  • 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 476
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 471

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well not quite the big ride i was lookin for but the field behind the house had to do :d

Attachments

• DSC_8210.jpg
    DSC_8210.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC_8197.jpg
    DSC_8197.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_8193.jpg
    DSC_8193.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC_8192.jpg
    DSC_8192.jpg