Favorite "riding" picture.

no_uh

Reaction score
If only the snow was better, but I really like this pic.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 369

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of weekends ago...

Attachments

• Golden Feb 11-13 2011 009.jpg
    Golden Feb 11-13 2011 009.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Golden Feb 11-13 2011 010.jpg
    Golden Feb 11-13 2011 010.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 346

mrjck

Reaction score
Heres some from Radium in 2009!

Attachments

• Sledding10.jpg
    Sledding10.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 335
  • Sledding30.jpg
    Sledding30.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Sledding15.jpg
    Sledding15.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Sledding2.jpg
    Sledding2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Sledding3.jpg
    Sledding3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 335

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is one of ferniesnow's pics he took from a vid for me

Attachments

• Still%202.jpeg
    Still%202.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

mrjck

Reaction score
where is the first picture taken?

That was taken at the ends of the trail, up the mountain, across the lake, and up the mountain west of the lake... According to a guide I met up there, its called "The Backdoor". Apparently more then a few sleds have come out of there under a chopper!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was taken at the ends of the trail, up the mountain, across the lake, and up the mountain west of the lake... According to a guide I met up there, its called "The Backdoor". Apparently more then a few sleds have come out of there under a chopper!

If im not mistaken its the first two pics, at the old HELI landing pad for heli skiiers. Once on Thunderwater lake go left and up twice and your in that bowl.:d:beer::d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If im not mistaken its the first two pics, at the old HELI landing pad for heli skiiers. Once on Thunderwater lake go left and up twice and your in that bowl.:d:beer::d

ahh yes, you know that slope doesnt look too bad. Has anyone dropped it??? i am taking the one where you get up to the thunderwater lake head left at the back. Formally know as the backside to the glacier if you dare. Looks like a nice valley on the other side. Spring ride only mayby

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh yes, you know that slope doesnt look too bad. Has anyone dropped it??? i am taking the one where you get up to the thunderwater lake head left at the back. Formally know as the backside to the glacier if you dare. Looks like a nice valley on the other side. Spring ride only mayby

Ya locals have been down there a bunch. I think a couple heli'd out as well!:eek::eek: Havent been down there myself, was going to the one day but...the old heli ride out is a big factor lol. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

mrjck

Reaction score
Ya locals have been down there a bunch. I think a couple heli'd out as well!:eek::eek: Havent been down there myself, was going to the one day but...the old heli ride out is a big factor lol. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's what I was thinking!! I've got some more I'll post up here of Radium... I got up on the Glacier.

mrjck

Reaction score
Here's some more of Radium. The first 2 shots show a hole, you can see it far off in the distance on the side of the mountain on the right side of shot, then a close-up of it in the next shot. Some guy rode down the hill and didnt pay heed to the tracks that were all going around it, went straight through the fresh pow, and dropped down into the crevasse topside.

Fortunately, people saw him, got a $hit load of rope, and 7 guys and one spotter hoisted him out. Its a very deep crevasse, and hes lucky to be alive. They came back and winched out the sled a few days later...

Other pics are exploring around off the Glacier.

Cheers!

-James

Attachments

• Sledding8.jpg
    Sledding8.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 427
  • Sledding7.jpg
    Sledding7.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 427
  • Sledding27.jpg
    Sledding27.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Sledding32.jpg
    Sledding32.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Sledding41.jpg
    Sledding41.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 428

mrjck

Reaction score
which glacier is that? up forster?

Forget what its called, but its a few km short of thunderwater lake... You have to go left, (South) and up the mountain through a bit of a chute, and then its a climb all the way up through a technical section to get up on the glacier.

I'd look it up on google but I'm just saddling up to go back to McBride for another 3 days this weekend! See ya Calgary...

Hope to see some of you out there!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forget what its called, but its a few km short of thunderwater lake... You have to go left, (South) and up the mountain through a bit of a chute, and then its a climb all the way up through a technical section to get up on the glacier.

Yeah......that's what I thought - that is a no riding area! NO RIDING on Catamount or Northstar Glaciers in the Forster drainage. Please obey the signs!

Top Bottom