Favorite gloves?

gforce_15

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with or knowledge of the Tobe Capto Heavy gauntlet glove? I primarily ride a mix of trails and offtrail in the prairies and looking for a glove that stays dry, keeps warm on the trail, and not too bulky. I'm specifically wondering about the 'heavy' version. I don't like much insulation in the palms, mostly the back of hand and fingers. Thanks

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True Adventure Gear Gauntlets.......hands down were the best. To bad they quit making the gauntlets. I still have a pair that are almost done. Also have two pair of the TAG short gloves. They work well, but the gauntlet is nice for the powder days for sure.
I absolutely cannot stand any type of glove that feels like you are wearing a glove within a glove that feel like your hand is slipping around inside.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True Adventure Gear Gauntlets.......hands down were the best. To bad they quit making the gauntlets. I still have a pair that are almost done. Also have two pair of the TAG short gloves. They work well, but the gauntlet is nice for the powder days for sure.
I absolutely cannot stand any type of glove that feels like you are wearing a glove within a glove that feel like your hand is slipping around inside.

I’ll have to disagree with you. I bought a pair after reading all the hype. These gloves get wet pretty easily. I tried treating them with nikwax and that helped a bit but overall I wasn’t too impressed. Ended up going with the Tobe’s and Klims. Still not 100% waterproof but much better overall.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to disagree with you. I bought a pair after reading all the hype. These gloves get wet pretty easily. I tried treating them with nikwax and that helped a bit but overall I wasn’t too impressed. Ended up going with the Tobe’s and Klims. Still not 100% waterproof but much better overall.

I'm in the same boat as you. The True Adventure Gear gloves I bought were nothing special. Keep going back to my oldest 2 pairs of motorfist gauntlet gloves. Anything new I've tried (including Motorfist) have not measured up.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fly made a waterproof / breathable cold weather glove a number of years back and they were freakin' awesome. I can't remember the model of them, but when we realized how good they were, we couldn't find them anymore. A riding buddy even called Fly to find out if they had more, and they discontinued them. He also got told he wasn't the only person that called and it was possibly a mistake they dropped them. They were half the price of Klim or Motorfist and were better. Fit well, had excellent dexterity and didn't get swamp hands in them. I've yet to find anything as good as they were.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has suggested Hestra yet. I was skeptic of expensive globes but my wife bought me a pair for Xmas last year. Best glove I have ever owned.
I did. Everyone has the blinders on and has to buy "sled gloves". Once you wear hestras you won't buy anything else

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did. Everyone has the blinders on and has to buy "sled gloves". Once you wear hestras you won't buy anything else

They didn’t impress me. They were very stiff and too much insulation. Sure nice quality and likely excellent for skiers but I prefer a free’er moving glove.

rev144

Reaction score
Best gloves I've ever had are the burton snowboarding gloves I bought four years ago. Still my go to gloves. Not cheap they were $189.00 on sale at 40% off but still going strong. I never go up the hill without at least three pairs just in case. Honestly I've lent out my spair gloves more times then I've used them. I will never buy FXR gloves or books again. I love the FXR jacket I have though.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m considering trying a pair. Which model did you try that was too thick?

It was at least five years ago so I am unsure but it was whatever someone else at the time suggested. They were mostly leather, the Heli series sounds familiar.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of these half price when they were shutting down the factory. I treated them with the stuff they offered and I've never had my hands get wet or cold on a sled. After 4 years, I still have yet to bust out my spare pair during a ride!

We will see how they do this year, as I am now 100% snowbike.

Top Bottom