Farmer talk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No real rain here surrounding area one place had 4 inches in a couple hours other had a massive hail storm crazy start to the year here

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeded a buncha mine may19th throuhh 23 and not much out of the ground yet and lots has germinated and died on its way out

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shes pathetic south east of Calgary. Lucky if we have had a mill since this last system has run its course. Last measurable rain here was May 17th of 4/10ths.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing to register on the rain gauge this year yet here. Starting to reseed 500 tommor other 1000 is on the fence. Wheat isnt doing anything and the beetles are eating whatever canola did emerge, not going for leaves just straight for the stems so 100% plant kill shes a **** show

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shes pathetic south east of Calgary. Lucky if we have had a mill since this last system has run its course. Last measurable rain here was May 17th of 4/10ths.

We are pretty close, maybe 5mm since that date. If we don't get a significant rain event in June it's gonna be ugly. 2 degrees here this morning.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a monster storm bearing down on us last night around 10 that produced hail in Calgary. By the time it got here it was a cold wind and spit for about 20 minutes. Watched it on radar and it just kept dispersing as it headed south east of Calgary. That pretty much sums up our last 3 years. Largest rain events we can muster is 6/10ths at the highest and 1-4 at the lowest.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for you guys, It's no fun when the one thing we can't provide won't fall out of the sky.

I will spare you with the amount I have had, but we are sitting pretty.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made a road trip to Edmonton this past week for my daughters graduation at the U of A and could not believe how green it was between Crossfield and Leduc. Edmonton looked dry in the City and other than a couple small areas south of Calgary it is super dry down here. That Red Deer country always looks good.

Morty19

Reaction score
Why don't you get a few grassers in the spring and put one in the freezer in the fall, sell the rest. Best way to keep it "maintained".
This is a response to the question about cutting 35 acres of hay and leaving it lay there.

Top Bottom