Farmer talk

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started out as a complete German Engineered Tractor. Then they gave Agro an interest in their transmissions. So you can get any Agro made tractor with their transmission in it however Fendt will hold the level of integrity of their products in their hands. At least this is what I understand. So Fendt is still Fendt built and German engineered but sold at Agro Dealers.

Fendt's vario transmission is very nice, only thing you shouldn't do when using the joystick to accelerate is to use the joystick to brake. Wear out a transmission in 5000 hrs doing that. Overall a beautiful tractor but too many electronics for me. The old fendt 820 is a great tractor but has become a collectors item kinda like the Deere 6910 or 7810 ect. We ended up with 2 Deere's after comparing brands abit in Germany.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fendt's vario transmission is very nice, only thing you shouldn't do when using the joystick to accelerate is to use the joystick to brake. Wear out a transmission in 5000 hrs doing that. Overall a beautiful tractor but too many electronics for me. The old fendt 820 is a great tractor but has become a collectors item kinda like the Deere 6910 or 7810 ect. We ended up with 2 Deere's after comparing brands abit in Germany.

6500 hrs on my 712 and love it. only electronic failures are mostly my fault. mud, trees, heating engine with tiger torch, etc.

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6500 hrs on my 712 and love it. only electronic failures are mostly my fault. mud, trees, heating engine with tiger torch, etc.

The 712 is a nice tractor, was built between 06-11 I believe? Another reason we went Deere was parts availability... not cheap but can overnight most parts! We have a dealer that sells fendt but keeps very little in stock...

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah but these guys get someone else to work on it though. All brand new stuff too, and they dont keep their equipment very long.

How about Fendt? I know people that run those and say they are the best

I've been one of those guys that got to work on them though lol. Even when new, I worked a lot of hours doing engines, egr systems, wiring for Volvo/JCB warranty. Don't get me wrong, every manufacturer has their issues but the design and build of JCB's and a lot of other european manufactured equipment is nothing to write home about. A guy gets spoiled working on Cat gear and using their diagnostics and schematics.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 712 is a nice tractor, was built between 06-11 I believe? Another reason we went Deere was parts availability... not cheap but can overnight most parts! We have a dealer that sells fendt but keeps very little in stock...

Mine is a 2005 not sure if it was the first year but I don’t think so. Damn close though maybe 2004 was the last year for the favorit

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been one of those guys that got to work on them though lol. Even when new, I worked a lot of hours doing engines, egr systems, wiring for Volvo/JCB warranty. Don't get me wrong, every manufacturer has their issues but the design and build of JCB's and a lot of other european manufactured equipment is nothing to write home about. A guy gets spoiled working on Cat gear and using their diagnostics and schematics.

As long as you are getting paid by the hour that should be a good thing haha

My uncle had this old Russian tractor back in the day. No one ever claimed it to be the best, but it was huge.

Not his tractor, but the same thing:

hqdefault.jpg

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We finished seeding about 10 days ago. Been raining little bits here and there. Germination looks good almost everywhere. Peas are growing fast and getting close to in crop spray.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got done May 19th. First time in 2 years we have a pretty nice start with even germination. Still need lots of rain to make a crop here but its a start anyways.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finished seeding yesterday overall went pretty good and now we just need a rain
We're in another flood watch starting tomorrow. Wish I could send you some. Lots of winter wheat on the good ground didn't make it. Two "cyclone" blizzards and excess rain were too much. Too wet to do anything else. We haven't even started branding calves because it's such a s*ithole mess.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sad to see the rain totals all around us on the weather this morning. We never got a drop in the last week. We are very dry.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope its headed north Johnny. You must have a good start on your dryland this year down there I'm thinking?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope its headed north Johnny. You must have a good start on your dryland this year down there I'm thinking?

Yes. It’s out of the dirt now but I’m worried about reserve moisture from the lack of rain this past 3 years.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to send some of this to you guys that need it. Lots of deep mud and standing water here. Can't do much, and putting up hay will be a challenge. Lots of hay meadows in the NE Sandhills are flooded.
nd duration
Flood Watch

• NOW until
    6:00am Wed

shra.png

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Flood Watch[/COLOR]
  • Memorial
    Day

shra50.png

Heavy Rain
    and Areas Fog
    High: 56 °F
  • Tonight

nshra100.png

Heavy Rain
    and Areas Fog
    Low: 45 °F
  • Tuesday

shra100.png

Heavy Rain
    and Patchy
    Fog
    High: 50 °F
  • Tuesday
    Night

nshra90.png

Heavy Rain
    and Patchy
    Fog
    Low: 42 °F
  • Wednesday

shra40.png

Chance
    Showers

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would love to send some of this to you guys that need it. Lots of deep mud and standing water here. Can't do much, and putting up hay will be a challenge. Lots of hay meadows in the NE Sandhills are flooded.
nd duration
Flood Watch

Sucks how the weather works. We are into year 3 of drought and you guys are flooding. Doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom