Farmer talk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not much down time for you guys, eh! I'm thinking it would be pretty much a full time job just organizing the operational aspect of farming with things like maintenance, repairs, time lines for all the different aspects of production, and if there are some cattle thrown into the mix there may not be any down time.

There should be a National holiday for your guys with full pay!!!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much down time for you guys, eh! I'm thinking it would be pretty much a full time job just organizing the operational aspect of farming with things like maintenance, repairs, time lines for all the different aspects of production, and if there are some cattle thrown into the mix there may not be any down time.

There should be a National holiday for your guys with full pay!!!

All that would do is put us a day behind and I wish farmers got paid by day. We have 1 pay day a year then 364 days of losing money on cattle.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been to any farm auctions lately? How are prices this year in your area?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been to any farm auctions lately? How are prices this year in your area?

No deals in my area, seen a tandem axle grain trailer sell for more than new price! Other equipment selling high as well; what gives with Ritchie Brothers!

A case of more money than brains right now.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to any down south but hearing prices are down from neighbours. I think alot depends on how new the equipment is. Nobody is buying junk anymore.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We wrote one of our Pete's off last fall and rebuilt it because it was cheaper than buying a comparable one. Prices are ridiculous. May as well buy new if you can justify it.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Newer used equipment is outrageous. Like said before might as well buy brand new. The deals are the smaller older stuff. A guy could pick up a Flexi-Coil 5000 50' drill and 3450 Cart for $25000, same drill but 2320 Cart for $15000. Seen some 9650 and 9750 STS combines go for just over $50000 with 1500 separator hours. Most High Clarence Sprayers are bringing big bucks too.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard times are coming for dealerships and farmers. Face it, not every farmer needs/can afford $250000+ equipment. Yet they have a lot of farmers on the "roll" program but the day will come when they can't get rid of the used. At that point the dealership are gonna have a fire sale on equipment and the farmers are gonna do a lot of bleeding as that's when the paying will begin.

Auto dealerships are no different. I was looking at getting a newer used pickup. One like I was looking at was advertised as $28000 with leather, 4 years old and 60k miles. They claim I can get a brand new one for $30k with leather. Something isn't right. I'm gonna talk to somebody that has an inside track at the auction to figure just exactly what a used one with leather, 50k miles and possibly loaded costs. Bet its not $28k!

This economy is on a high speed rail heading for a cliff with no brakes. Everybody better be prepared but I'm afraid its too late.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom