Farmer talk

polguy

Reaction score
When it feels more like work than fun, it is time to quit. Not worth the risk most days, you gotta love what you do! :beer:

polguy

Reaction score
BTW has everyone heard about the loosing our $0.06/litre farm fuel benefit? That will teach us a lesson for voting for the opposition... Sheesh!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW has everyone heard about the loosing our $0.06/litre farm fuel benefit? That will teach us a lesson for voting for the opposition... Sheesh!

Yep old battle ax Redford is going to make rural Alberta pay for our lack of loyalty.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She wants to add 17 billion in debt while cutting the subsidy? Might have to vote Wildrose next time. Hopefully both parties get new candidates.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from my gal at AFSC this morning. Redford has just struck again!!!! The government has now axed all straight hail agents and you will now only be able to buy straight hail from AFSC from your district office or online. I have a really good friend who has sold me hail insurance for alot of years and this will affect him big. He can still sell me insurance from line companies but they are usually not as competitive as AFSC on there rates for our area anyways. Its Wildrose again for me!!!:rant:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from my gal at AFSC this morning. Redford has just struck again!!!! The government has now axed all straight hail agents and you will now only be able to buy straight hail from AFSC from your district office or online. I have a really good friend who has sold me hail insurance for alot of years and this will affect him big. He can still sell me insurance from line companies but they are usually not as competitive as AFSC on there rates for our area anyways. Its Wildrose again for me!!!:rant:

We go entirely through AFSC anyways. Not a big deal here.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't affect everyone. Just don't like the way Redford's week has been trending. Can't stand her before and it ain't getting any better.

When the election came around it was a lesser of two evils for me. I really didn't like Danielle Smith and Jason Hale couldn't hold a candle to our previous MLA.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the election came around it was a lesser of two evils for me. I really didn't like Danielle Smith and Jason Hale couldn't hold a candle to our previous MLA.

I met Danielle at a function in High River. Very nice person who was fed up with the direction the Tories went post Ralph. Never met Redford but don't need to. I can spot lying eyes a mile away. We had a awesome Tory rep in our area for years but he retired after having his fill of Stelmach's government. Our new Wildrose elected rep is a local farmer and so far is trying to make the government accountable.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fully expect a WR government next election. I just hope we get Arno Doerksen back as our MLA.

Smith commented yesterday that she has some Tories who are interested in crossing the floor after the budget was released. You may get your wish?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cultivator just got finished up the Steiger and front wheel assist has been in use off an on all winter and the quad track and row crop should be in the shop next week or two.

Top Bottom