Farmer talk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rising prices of ag equipment and inputs is almost expected (criminal, but not surprising). With the recent surge in commodities, the producer will have no choice but to play the game that dealers and suppliers play. This has always been the way. Large multi-generational incorporated farms (this group also includes “the brethren”) will line up at the door for the latest and greatest, and happily pay through the nose for it (kinda like buying a “ski-doo”).

What really blows my mind on pricing lately, is all the new trucks (CC diesel $100G), holiday trailers ($60-100G), BOATS!!! ($100-300G).....

What average joe is buying all these items...???

I won’t mind buying a new used drill for $400G, IF commodity pricing STAYS at these levels....

Time will tell...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rising prices of ag equipment and inputs is almost expected (criminal, but not surprising). With the recent surge in commodities, the producer will have no choice but to play the game that dealers and suppliers play. This has always been the way. Large multi-generational incorporated farms (this group also includes “the brethren”) will line up at the door for the latest and greatest, and happily pay through the nose for it (kinda like buying a “ski-doo”).

What really blows my mind on pricing lately, is all the new trucks (CC diesel $100G), holiday trailers ($60-100G), BOATS!!! ($100-300G).....

I won’t mind buying a new used drill for $400G, IF commodity pricing STAYS at these levels....

Time will tell...

Well if they keep printing money and handing it out, and then nobody wants to go to work,,,, I think you can expect prices (of everything) to keep on rising.

We can't consume, if no one's producing....

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Time will tell...
On a side note it appears that the brethren have ink a deal with the devil and now have Chinese investors. The latest land deal in the are the neighbor pulled the title cause he could figure out who bought it. Hoots are farming it but was traced back to a Chinese investment firm.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy got a DJI agras t20. Hope to do some testing with it this growing season.

IMG_0735.jpg

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool technologies! I can see it working for an orchard or small specialty farm but is it viable for a large grain/canola farm like some of you have?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool technologies! I can see it working for an orchard or small specialty farm but is it viable for a large grain/canola farm like some of you have?
Maybe for spot spraying problem spots in a field but it could never carry enough product to do entire fields at a time.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite there yet. He’s doing helicopter spraying this year in Saskatchewan. Here’s the video for it…

DJI - Introducing Agras T20 - YouTube

Cool, last trip to Germany we went to a farm not far from Hanover, they farmed autonomous for four years with no human involvement other than service.. and they were working to take some of that away as well

Give it 10 years and some one in the driver seat will be a option

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else think they were scott free when they got only a home census this spring and thought you had missed out on the full farm version? FML got 2 emails this morning from Govt wanting the full farm survey and a 2021 crops grown survey. I hate that long version farm one. Major labor intensive.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I hope the price of farm crops go through the roof! Y’all been beating your brains, hemorrhaging money, borrowing money trying to make farming a go when you coulda easily got jobs that pay way more and way less risk. Driving in circles around a field year after year. Frick me.
Put the price per bushel to the moon and reward these crazy farmers!!!

Top Bottom