Family Sledding Area

cameljockey

Reaction score
I am looking for an area to take the family. Maybe somewhere the kids could go tobogganing and I could play in the snow as well. My boys are 3 and 7 so need it to be safe. Taking the wife as well do not want to have to dig her out all day too.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an area to take the family. Maybe somewhere the kids could go tobogganing and I could play in the snow as well. My boys are 3 and 7 so need it to be safe. Taking the wife as well do not want to have to dig her out all day too.

I suggest Bell mountain in McBride B.C. Awesome family play area and Bell is very safe.
We go every year and highly recommend McBride not only for the sledding but for the great folks that support sledding and work hard for us to enjoy the area.:d

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when are you coming to Mcbride??
Belle will have tobaggans supplied and is a very family friendly hill for sure. Cabin is new and heated and the hills are made for newbe's.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle and Lucille are both great choices. You will see more families up belle mtn for sure.

cameljockey

Reaction score
looking at going there after Christmas if all goes well. Belle sounds like the place to take them. Has anyone towed an Eqinox up? Or should I just put them on the sled with us. Are the tobogans up at the cabin already?

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
It's been about 8-10 years since I last rode at Belle, and can't remember how long the trail is from parking lot to the cabin. Young fella has a 120, and wants to come to the mountains over Christmas break, just want to make sure he can get up there with his sled.

Thanks

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at going there after Christmas if all goes well. Belle sounds like the place to take them. Has anyone towed an Eqinox up? Or should I just put them on the sled with us. Are the tobogans up at the cabin already?

not yet but with any luck they will be up this week, what is an Eqinox??

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been about 8-10 years since I last rode at Belle, and can't remember how long the trail is from parking lot to the cabin. Young fella has a 120, and wants to come to the mountains over Christmas break, just want to make sure he can get up there with his sled.

Thanks

12 km to the cabin from parking lot at 5km. yes a 120 will make it on the trail to the cabin. if he is 14 or under no trail fee for him.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forgot to add that all our managed hills have toilets and bbq's at the cabins as well.

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this trip. Hopefully get them hooked at a young age, and stay on the straight and narrow.........

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have a great time in mcbride. It's snowin hard now and has been for a couple hours now..

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this information re a reccommendation for family riding..... was planning on asking the same questions, we rented a place in Dunster and will be heading up on Dec 26 and staying until Jan 2....

There will be a hand full of prairie trail riders with us....so sounds like Belle is the place to start them out.

I’m sure the answer is on the site somewhere but I can’t seem to find it ….
so what is the altitude in the Valley and up where a beginner would go on:

Belle

Lucille.

One of the sleds is a Ski Doo 500 SLE touring, it has the adjustable clutch, but was thinking I'd still have to re jet???

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride in McBride every year, but im not sure the elevation of Bell but you should be looking to jet for around 6000'. I belive the valley is around 3500'.

Top Bottom