Best avalanche training for youth/families?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for avalanche course providers that provide training for youth. I took an avalanche course many years ago, but took a break from sledding for about 10 years. Now that I am getting back into it I have 3 boys that are coming with me. Ages 15, 14 and 11. I am looking for a family friendly course provider that can provide AST 1 course for them and a much needed recertification for me. If you have gone through training with your kids please share your feedback and recommendations. Thx

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say any of them should be fine.
Try Zacstracks. I've done my AST1 twice through them. And was going through Hangfire this year.

I think the classroom session is now online training only. Then it's just a field day.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
could make a weekend out of it and go with Frozen Pirate in Valemount. I have heard some great experiences, and some private classes available in the evenings after your day ride. check them out

X 2 for Curtis and frozen pirate my son did it with me when he was 13 then we did ast 2 when he was 16 and he just took his oops 1 this yr he’s is now 20 Curtis will take care of you for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd say any of them should be fine.
Try Zacstracks. I've done my AST1 twice through them. And was going through Hangfire this year.

I think the classroom session is now online training only. Then it's just a field day.
Zac's has hung up their helmets in terms of teaching.

Top Bottom