Factory Outlet Trailers

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an enclosed 24'x 8 v-nose made by CargoMate (not a sled trailer though). I use it for sleds, dirt bikes, quads, and general purpose hauling.
Bought it from FOT as they are just down the highway from where I live. The price was good and the service was too however the trailer is lightweight and is not the highest quality build.

I have a smaller enclosed (12'x7'6") made by HaulMark - it is a lot beefier trailer.
I'm not overly concerned with the CargoMate though as it won't be used for work on a daily basis so it should last a long time with the limited use it gets.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a cargomate....I think the quality of their trailers are sub-standard, however, you get what you pay for!! I now have a Charmac and am happy when I roll under it on the creeper....I don't feel like I have to pull out the welder out and start rebuilding the trailer:D

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep me too. I got mine from sws and for the price it is a great trailer. I got me into an enclosed for 7000. Anything used in that price was beat to ch!t. They do have better stuff but the price goes up.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get aluminum trailer for sledding, well worth extra $$

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got "Legend" trailers (from Firefly - Ron on this site).....all alumium ....great trailers...pull great and haul nicely. No issues and no problems with any of my trailers.
Ron is pretty fair too.....listens to what you need and helps you decide what will work. No pressure to buy .....that being said ...he trys to be really fair with his prices!!

Last edited:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get aluminum trailer for sledding, well worth extra $$

I got a 24 foot car hauler from FOT I just use for construction trailer, great prices from high river but I would never tow a heavy steel trailer for sledding.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are Great to deal with and sell a ton of trailers . Depends on what you need for haulin but they won't steer you wrong.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 24 foot car hauler from FOT I just use for construction trailer, great prices from high river but I would never tow a heavy steel trailer for sledding.

My 16x8.5 steel trailer is only 2300lbs. Not sure what the 24' are but they cant be that much.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my 28' enclosed from them new back in 07, I have overloaded it too many times and it still is working great. Steel frame alum body, bare bones basic v-nose trailer. I would go back to them again, I was living in St. Albert and made the drive to Okotoks where they used to be located.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 28' enclosed from them new back in 07, I have overloaded it too many times and it still is working great. Steel frame alum body, bare bones basic v-nose trailer. I would go back to them again, I was living in St. Albert and made the drive to Okotoks where they used to be located.

My other trailer was the same as yours. Worked great. Only sold it to get a raised roof one for the new rzr.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a cargomate....I think the quality of their trailers are sub-standard, however, you get what you pay for!! I now have a Charmac and am happy when I roll under it on the creeper....I don't feel like I have to pull out the welder out and start rebuilding the trailer:D

I did forget to say that FOT is good to deal with. I have bought 5 trailers over the years from them...and have been well looked after every time. I just wasn't happy with the quality of the cargomate brand.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16x8.5 steel trailer is only 2300lbs. Not sure what the 24' are but they cant be that much.

Ya but they rust out and look like ch!t after 1 year ,, then try and go sell it after 5 years,,, steel trailers depreciate pretty fast is all

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cargomate. I have found any trailer will look like crap after five years depending on how it is taken care of. I would prefer aluminum but they have drawbacks too. Price and cracking are the big ones.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but they rust out and look like ch!t after 1 year ,, then try and go sell it after 5 years,,, steel trailers depreciate pretty fast is all

As Long as you get the aluminum 3m panels instead of the rivet panels a steel trailer will look good along time. The riveted panels look like poop in a couple years

Top Bottom