F350 theft problem

Stroked108

Reaction score
I've got a 2003 f350 diesel and it ended up getting stolen from vale a couple weeks ago along with a couple sleds. I just got my truck back and I know these trucks are very easy to steal so I am scared to take it back to the mountians now. What can I do to my truck to try and prevent this from happening again ? I was thinking a hidden kill switch and one of thoes steering wheel locks. Anything else you guys can think of ?

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a master disconnect on my service truck and feed acc wire constant power so u don't loose radio settings

Stroked108

Reaction score
I was thinking about splicing a switch into my positive starter wire. What do you guys think about thoes steering wheel locks ? Do they work ? I don't see many people using them anymore

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Probably best not to advertise what you use for theft prevention or stuff like that Those losers are on here and snoop on us

But your on the right track

Sent from my iPhone using

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Masters I put them on ground side it's locked in the body I also have a air-iq. GPS that I can track from my smart phone in real time that I can put up a virtual fence also on my truck and sled trailer might put one on sled too so if it goes missing I'll be right behind u cause if it moves my phone will call me and kill the motor then I show up and that's when it gets interesting

http://airiq.com

Last edited:

Stroked108

Reaction score
Yeah never thought about them being on here. Thanks for the link I would like to get a tracking device too on the truck and sled. I'd love to know where my sled is

800snopro

Reaction score
Mount a switch under the dash and tie into the ground side of your ficm (fuel injector control module) relay. Will crank but not start. If u hear it u can shoot the bastards.

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think do what ever you can to disable it but also have something visible so they don't even try. It's great if they don't get your rig but who wants to deal with the damage to the door, ignition, starter cranked to death and possible dead batteries if it can be avoided?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Big ass Pitbull and let him live in the truck. Ain't nobody gonna mess with it and you can advertise it.

Probably best not to advertise what you use for theft prevention or stuff like that Those losers are on here and snoop on us

But your on the right track

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With my 02 f550 I have a blown maxi fuse for the ecm and I pull the good one and replace with the blown one when I have to park it somewhere questionable. It will crank over and everything else works except it won't fire so I can't see anybody sticking around to trouble shoot the problem.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Masters I put them on ground side it's locked in the body I also have a air-iq. GPS that I can track from my smart phone in real time that I can put up a virtual fence also on my truck and sled trailer might put one on sled too so if it goes missing I'll be right behind u cause if it moves my phone will call me and kill the motor then I show up and that's when it gets interesting

AirIQ | PROVEN LEADERS IN GPS TRACKING SOLUTIONS

I want that!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
And you can get aftermarket door handles that have a plate built in, so you can't just punch under the door handle with a screwdriver and open the door ...... Easiest theft deterrant is just pull the fuel pump relay, but the aftermarket theft proof door handles could possibly protect anything left inside the vehicle as well?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would get the aftermarket door handles that prevent them even getting in other than breaking a window. Also i think you can buy something that goes inside the door to prevent that bar tow trucks use to open the doors.

then you can buy keyed battery kill switches.

have some sort of alarm, i had a basic one you could wire in a bunch of ways but it was hidden, and if power was sent to the starter under hood it went off instead of hooking it to the ignition like they showed in the instructions.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
if it was a gas vehicle you could just hot key it! however, the lack of an ignition coil on a diesel makes it tough!

Top Bottom