EZRYDER or Mountain Tamer Suspension??

SteamJunky

Reaction score
Hi,
I own a 09 D8 163'' track and I want to upgrade the suspension. I've heard that EZryder or mountain tamer are good??? Anyone have a suggestion on a type or have ridin these some help would be appreciated. Thanks

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go with the ez ryde...
heard lots of storys bout guys crumpling their mountain tamers

SteamJunky

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind, is there another type of suspension I should consider that I never mentioned? I've only heard of these two types and I'm not having that much luck on the net.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Racers Edge down by Calgary. 403-254-8686. You can use your stock rails if you want.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also put a set of Exit shocks in the rear of your skid aswell.....Thats all I did to my Turbo Dragon and it works awsome.....just my 2 cents....

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holz makes a good skid, as does K-Mod. Haven't heard of many people happy with Timbersled (durability issues). Simply upgrading the rear shocks and having them revalved for your weight / riding style will help immensley, and save you some $$$$.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have both the Exit shocks and the K-mod Gen 1 and both work awesome. Cann't wait for my Gen II.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a MTS in mine last year not too crazy about it. Not too familiar with the other manu. Bushings and spacers. Tubes bending. Just some things to consider when making a decision.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got about 400km on my Mountain Tamer so far and love it. I find there's a noticeable difference on the trail and while climbing and playing in the deep. I chose the Mountain Tamer over the Holz, Racer's Edge, and E-Z Ryde because I felt it gave me the most bang for my buck. (Performance and Weight Savings)

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some looking around there are 3 differant styles of this skid , they were made by 3 differant people , larry ekholm , a place in kamloops and mountain addiction in the states . The larry ekholm skid has shocks mounted outside the rails and I seen a picture of the one in kamloops it had shocks mounted inside the frame . I havnt seen a picture of the mountain addiction one as they have stopped producing them . They said they were too time consuming to build bla bla bla

here is a picture of mine before I installed it

vector 221.jpg

vector 222.jpg

vector 220.jpg

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess I should learn how to reed !!!! my suspension is a mountain master not a mountain tamer

Top Bottom